Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Is Jacky responding to anyone else?

Old(er) Thinkpads with New(er) Intestines: X62/T50/T70/X210/X330 etc.
surfbro

Is Jacky responding to anyone else?

#1 Post by surfbro » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Hey all, I purchased another x210 from Jacky around June 1.

Jacky said they had 1 machine left (then I also someone posting a similar promise on Reddit I believe).

Since then I've been getting, 'The machine hasn't left Hong Kong, once it does you will get a tracking" for the past 2 months from Jacky,

Not sure if anyone else is in communication with Jacky, or received a device in the past month, but I'd like to hear from others to see what's going on.

Take care

greatzot

Re: Is Jacky responding to anyone else?

#2 Post by greatzot » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:27 am

I emailed him last week and he said he had one 3rd generation x210 board with the i7-8650u left. Is that what he told you, or was that a different one? Had some emails back and forth clarifying what the specs for a full laptop would be and he was pretty quick to respond. It then took a couple days to figure out a way to pay him that worked--he said he believed it was a Chinese govt restriction, and then one time he missed a digit in the ID. Anyway he said he'd let me know when he could ship. That was the last I heard and it was probably Sunday or Monday. As for the 10510U, he said "No have the 10510U yet".

So I guess we're in the same boat now, but you've been in it longer.

For comparison, I ordered an X2100 from Xue Yao at the beginning of January 2020 and received it in July 2021. Of course, that includes six months when the boards weren't available yet. But I've heard similar times from people who ordered X210s a couple years back from Jacky, so I wasn't really surprised, just disappointed it didn't end up being faster, particularly considering I heard of other people who ordered later than me getting their machine first. But maybe they chose a less high res display or something that made theirs quicker to finish, or maybe he just felt like finishing theirs first. Who knows.

surfbro

#3 Post by surfbro » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:29 pm

greatzot wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:27 am
I emailed him last week and he said he had one 3rd generation x210 board with the i7-8650u left. Is that what he told you, or was that a different one? Had some emails back and forth clarifying what the specs for a full laptop would be and he was pretty quick to respond. It then took a couple days to figure out a way to pay him that worked--he said he believed it was a Chinese govt restriction, and then one time he missed a digit in the ID. Anyway he said he'd let me know when he could ship. That was the last I heard and it was probably Sunday or Monday. As for the 10510U, he said "No have the 10510U yet".

So I guess we're in the same boat now, but you've been in it longer.

For comparison, I ordered an X2100 from Xue Yao at the beginning of January 2020 and received it in July 2021. Of course, that includes six months when the boards weren't available yet. But I've heard similar times from people who ordered X210s a couple years back from Jacky, so I wasn't really surprised, just disappointed it didn't end up being faster, particularly considering I heard of other people who ordered later than me getting their machine first. But maybe they chose a less high res display or something that made theirs quicker to finish, or maybe he just felt like finishing theirs first. Who knows.
Okay, yeah Jacky told me that I was to receive a 10510U, so I guess he's keeping his story straight for the time being.

I did receive a laptop from Jacky on a previous order before June, and that was about a month-month and a half to receive. However I placed this order I'm waiting on right after I received the first one, beginning of June, and we are in September.

I was now just told by a response from Jacky a few days ago that many laptops were 'seized' at customs, but he is shipping another one to me? I never heard a case where anyone was scammed, so I don't think that's happening, but at least Xue Yao was more honest with the times, and better to respond than Jacky. It's a tad frustrating is all...

adamantairman

#4 Post by adamantairman » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:23 pm

I'll add my name to the list. Paid him for an X210 that he said he had in stock on August 6th, last message I received from him was on August 11th.

I've emailed a few times asking how stuff is going, but not feeling terribly confident at this point.
X200 Tablet, best 2-in-1 form factor out there

jvscholz

#5 Post by jvscholz » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:27 pm

Yeah, I had this problem awhile ago with Jacky and a X63, try messaging him on WeChat- lcdfans

He was much more responsive there, sometimes responding within 20 minutes. Beware that WeChat is spyware, so use an unimportant device.

cheers :]

adamantairman

#6 Post by adamantairman » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:09 pm

Any tips for registering for WeChat? It wants me to get someone else with an account to scan a QR code and I don't know anyone else with WeChat.
X200 Tablet, best 2-in-1 form factor out there

surfbro

#7 Post by surfbro » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:57 am

jvscholz wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:27 pm
Yeah, I had this problem awhile ago with Jacky and a X63, try messaging him on WeChat- lcdfans

He was much more responsive there, sometimes responding within 20 minutes. Beware that WeChat is spyware, so use an unimportant device.

cheers :]
Thanks for this tip, Ill find Jacky on Wechat! (That is if I can figure out how to use it lol)

surfbro

#8 Post by surfbro » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:06 am

adamantairman wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:09 pm
Any tips for registering for WeChat? It wants me to get someone else with an account to scan a QR code and I don't know anyone else with WeChat.
Good question, Ill see if I can figure it out soon...

BillMorrow
*Senior* Admin
*Senior* Admin

#9 Post by BillMorrow » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:25 am

heh..
coming into this thread just now..
just tell me who IS this jacky person..?
i advise care before sending $$ to HK unless you are dealing through ebay so you have a recovery route in the event of non-delivery..
just my 2 cents..
Bill Morrow, kept by parrots :parrot: & cockatoos
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com

She was not what you would call refined,
She was not what you would call unrefined,
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
~~~Mark Twain~~~