Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T70 vga not being detected?

Old(er) Thinkpads with New(er) Intestines: X62/T50/T70/X210/X330 etc.
sona1111

T70 vga not being detected?

#1 Post by sona1111 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Hey All,

I know that this is still a small community (for T70) so I appreciate the connections that you provide. Anyway, I have noticed that the VGA port on my T70 does not seem to be detected anymore. I have worked on it sparsely over the past few weeks, but the only major change I did (which I do not know for sure it the cause but seems likely) was switching the bios with the file 'T70_BIOS_170627' . I did this in an attempt to fix the lid-suspend issue on my other thread before making a hardware modification to fix the issue. It did not fix the issue, but I did not immediately notice other problems.

I have reset bios settings to default; is there any other bios setting which might prevent the VGA port from being detected? (using ubuntu 16.04 and 17.04) To clarify, there WAS a time it was working fine a month or so ago, something has changed form there. Does anyone know a link to a repository of all of the bios versions so I can see if a newer version might have a fix?

Thanks for reading.

NonesensE
Sophomore Member

Re: T70 vga not being detected?

#2 Post by NonesensE » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:36 am

There is a newer version (170717). It is available at 51nb but you need an account there. It's a bit tricky to get one but with the help of Google translate, you can make it. Otherwise, I or one of the others can mirror the bios for you.

Version 170627 got pulled back on 51nb due to some problem, I don't know why this is the only version lcdfans provide. 170717 is essentially the same but corrected, so maybe it can help you. The lid issue is not yet fixed, though.
Sometimes coming over from the German forum...
X62s 3rd batch, [s]T61[/s] T70 14" 4:3 1st batch