Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

x2100 Crash on Wake From Sleep (Win10)

Old(er) Thinkpads with New(er) Intestines: X62/T50/T70/X210/X330 etc.
peppar

x2100 Crash on Wake From Sleep (Win10)

#1 Post by peppar » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:58 pm

I'm a happy new X2100 owner, that I recently got from XYTech. Everything is fine and dandy, except one lingering concern; the computer reboots when it wakes up from sleep under Windows 10.

I previously got BSOD's like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, but could not get anything out of the minidumps. Now the computer immediately reboots when waking up from sleep, no minidump, with only "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." visible in the system log.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Any drivers known for acting up? I've flashed the latest unofficial BIOS, and I believe I have the latest drivers for everything.

Thanks!

olilam

Re: x2100 Crash on Wake From Sleep (Win10)

#2 Post by olilam » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:29 am

Hello!
I am having the exact same issue as you with my Lenovo thinkpad P17. I still have no solution for the issue. I have started a discussion with Lenovo support which bring no solution (I stopped when they asked me to re-install windows).
I would be happy to hear if you could solve your problem.
Best regards,
Olivier

greatzot

Re: x2100 Crash on Wake From Sleep (Win10)

#3 Post by greatzot » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:14 pm

My experience with the x2100 is sometimes it will wake from sleep properly when opening the lid. Sometimes it shuts off and reboots. If I use the keyboard instead, I have not had much success in getting it to wake from sleep without rebooting. I suspect from what I've seen with Windows Updates activity that it often (always?) has something to do with that, and is not really a problem of the x2100 but Windows 10, which for me has been the worst version of Windows I've used in terms of bugs and things breaking after updates.