1) The sound troubleshooter just took me to "sound enhancements" to make adjustments (no help)
2) I uninstalled all the sound drivers within device manager and rebooted (no help)
3) I've checked all of the sound adjustment "on-off" switches, but can't find anything that is "off"
4) I've updated drivers using the thinkvantage system updater.
5) I've updated windows 10
Ultimately, the "problem" when it occurred a few weeks ago "fixed itself", but I was never sure what I did (if anything) to fix the problem. Last night the same problem has once again occurred.
Has anyone else encountered this problem? And, if so, how did you fix if?
However, a couple of days ago, my speakers suddenly once again stopped working, but with a different set of symptoms:
- No audio comes through the headphone jack
- The speakers do not play audio, but rather emit a cracking "sputtering" noise/beep.
- The short burst of crackling noise repeats regularly at a rhythm of once a second.
- At one point I noticed a strong electrical overheating smell coming from the laptop (top of the keyboard area).
When the overheating smell began, I immediately stop the video, and backup up all my files. Today the laptop is not overheating, but is still without audio. I'm not 100% sure that the audio and overheating are related, but is it possible?
The laptop is under warranty. I've submitted the case to Lenovo support to make a house visit for repair (as covered by premium warranty). However, before going that route I'd appreciate your advice. If there is an "easier fix" for this problem, then I would like to avoid having a repair-person come to my house. I live in a retirement community where access is currently restricted due to the pandemic.
Thanks for any insights and advice that you can provide from your experiences.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests