Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

I've searched for my P50 issue(s) here but no luck...

P1/P40/P50/P70 Series
raceannouncer

I've searched for my P50 issue(s) here but no luck...

#1 Post by raceannouncer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:57 pm

P50 Win 7 Pro 64 12GB ram Lenovo ThinkPad 230w Workstation Dock - 40A50230US I've searched for my P50 issue(s) here but no luck...I have a love/hate relationship with my P50--most of the time it's love but it has 3 separate (I think!) issues which are very annoying!

1.) I have a Novation audiohub 4x2 USB sound card which disconnects intermittently...Before anyone mentions I should be speaking with their support staff, I have done that several times and have also tried to connect all of the other USB ports--same issue! Any ideas?

2.) the latest Lenovo updates show a BIOS update. I performed the update and the machine would NOT reboot after the Bios was updated. Apparently Win 7 didn't approve of the Bios change and for all intents and purposes, rendered the computer unusable. The Lenovo updates following the issue still shows a Bios update to install which I've not updated since having the original problem!

3.) The LAN connection is also exhibiting dropout issues and they are also intermittent--Access Connections lights up and sends a message indicating LAN has re-connected. I have not noticed exactly what is going on when this behavior occurs. I don't ever need to use Wi-Fi while at home, so I want to use the LAN connection exclusively! :help:
Just Pazzin' Thru...

Utwig

Re: I've searched for my P50 issue(s) here but no luck...

#2 Post by Utwig » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:57 am

P50 is late. I remember T540p having problems (came with Win8) when I tried 7. It would not always wake up from sleep. With 10 the sleep and other things work. So I would suggest to use Windows 10 (if you can't accomplish your taks on LInux which is the best OS at the moment :) )
1 and 3 - try making the power profile for AC power less power-saving in BIOS and Windows settings
2 try downloading bootable iso or try another HDD (put in a cheap SATA spinner temporarilly or back up your drive, install 10) and flash BIOS from fresh install.
T540p, T420s, T400, R61, X61t, T60p, T42p, A21p

dol

Re: I've searched for my P50 issue(s) here but no luck...

#3 Post by dol » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:11 am

Does any of the problems exhibit themselves when you connect directly to the laptop bypassing the dock?
Have you tried another dock? If it is under warranty a would try to replace it.