Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

The P1 and the X1 Extreme are more like each other than the P[57]* or other X*; put them on a separate group?

P1/P50/P70 and later specific matters only
jayeye

The P1 and the X1 Extreme are more like each other than the P[57]* or other X*; put them on a separate group?

#1 Post by jayeye » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:46 am

The P1 and the X1 Extreme are essentially the same laptop; the two main differences are that the P1 can be configured with a Xeon and ECC memory, and the X1 Extreme has a games-oriented video card. Questions pertaining to the P1 are more likely to also pertain to the X1 Extreme (and vice versa) than the P50/P70 series.
Lord High Everything Else

Saucey

Re: The P1 and the X1 Extreme are more like each other than the P[57]* or other X*; put them on a separate group?

#2 Post by Saucey » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:24 pm

For the time being, I think P1 posts should be here, I don't think there should be a different group. It would just be a big moderation problem to move posts or flag them.

The X1 subforum is like a catch all net, X1 Carbon, X1 Yoga & X1 Tablet. Likewise the Yoga has its own subforum as well, but there are X1 Yoga posts in there....
And there are Yoga posts in the X1 subforum.

The P50s, P51s and P52s topics are posted here, yet they are essentially a T560, T570 and T580 system with a different GPU and i7 CPU as default. Should we move those topics to the T430/T530 & later group?

For the time being, I don't think there should be a separation, considering how Lenovo will implement a new line of computers and drop them within 3 years, there would be a unnecessary list of subforums to filter from.
Coffee, ThinkPads & Nikon Fan.

Current: PixelBook, T420s & T430s
Collected: A31p, T43p, 2521
Past: W700ds, X1C3, 701C