Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

P50 TPFan Control modified

P1/P40/P50/P70 Series
bishop

P50 TPFan Control modified

#1 Post by bishop » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:34 am

Hello,
According to Vantage, the P50 is from Oct. 2017, runs perfectly, the diagnostic tool shows various tests (CPU, memory graphics) all ok.
nevertheless, the fan is too loud for me, after googling I read that the problem was solved or improved by the BIOS update in 2016, the fan starts much too early, you can already hear it siiiiiiirrrrr at 45-50 degrees... but subtle, maybe I'm oversensitive,
Now found a solution.
Installed the TPfan0.61 and then, since the ACPI brings errors in the event display, the original fancontrol.exe with fancontrol.exe as well as the TPFanControl.ini from here https://github.com/Shuzhengz/TPFanCtrl2/releases/tag /2.1.5_B simply replaced.
And lo and behold:
super quiet and no event messages (ACPI warnings), I had previously tested the TPFC2_2.1.5, but here it was a blue screen. The B works without Problems.
Ask:

can something be damaged with this quite modern device, are there other solutions?
And:
I will not clean fans, unless someone has good instructions, the device still looks like new and runs like new, comes from the Ebay seller with a 1-year guarantee, refurbished, otherwise you can hardly pay for such a part ( New price around 2000 euros).
System Win10 and Win11 Pro up to date.