Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Lenovo apps on my T14s

2020 New name Series after T430-T490 / T530-T590
bex1210

Lenovo apps on my T14s

#1 Post by bex1210 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:25 pm

I recently purchased a new Lenovo Thinkpad T14s. Other than Lenovo not mentioning at all on their webpage that I needed to buy a special adapter to connect to my Ethernet network, it seems to be running fine so far.

This laptop has three Lenovo apps: Commercial Vantage, Quick Clean, and Vantage Service. Can anyone tell me what these apps do? What would I loose if I deleted some or all of them?

I posted in the E series forum about my E430 reserving memory for Lenovo backup, apparently. Does my T14s dedicate any of it's memory for Lenovo backup?

Thanks.

Harry

bluenhile

Re: Lenovo apps on my T14s

#2 Post by bluenhile » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:27 am

Commercial Vantage is the app that keeps your laptop up to date with all the Lenevo apps/drivers and also gives you access to some specific Thinkpad settings. You want this app, as it avoids having to download each utility and driver seperately. However, I've noted that Windows Update (in Win 10) brings down most updates itself. When I set up by P14s recently it was only the BIOS and my Dock drivers that Vantage brought down itself, the rest came via Windows Update as it "got in first".

Quick Clean, lets you disable the keyboard for a period of time so you can sanitise (as in physically wipe it down) the Thinkpad, without turning it off. Useful if you work in Health or similar.

I think Vantage Service is the app that lets the Lenovo web site connect to your computer to see what device you have and then auto point you to the right support software and drivers page.

bex1210

Re: Lenovo apps on my T14s

#3 Post by bex1210 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:33 am

Thanks for the feedback and clarification.

Harry