Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Can you charge a T15G Gen 1 laptop using Lenovo Go USB-C power bank 20000mAh 74Wh?

2020 New name Series after T430-T490 / T530-T590
baertracks
Sophomore Member

Can you charge a T15G Gen 1 laptop using Lenovo Go USB-C power bank 20000mAh 74Wh?

#1 Post by baertracks » Tue May 03, 2022 7:57 am

Can you charge a T15G Gen 1 laptop using Lenovo Go USB-C power bank 20000mAh 74Wh? Despite several websites (selling the charger) saying that this is possible, I have tried it myself without success. Am I doing something wrong? If so, please advise.

When I plug the power bank into the "C" port next to the power input of the T15G Gen 1 laptop I receive a message that says that says...
Incorrect AC adapter is attached - The AC adapter cannot provide enough power for normal operation of your computer. You may be able to charge your battery with this AC adapter if your computer is in sleep or shut-down states.

I have tried charging with the laptop in SLEEP mode and with the laptop SHUT DOWN for several hours. In neither case was there any indication of the laptop increasing its charge. Is there another configuration that I should be trying?

Since this laptop does not have battery swap capacity, and since I may be in a situation where I really need to recharge offline, I would like to know if anyone has a workaround solution for this situation (other than purchasing a spare internal battery).

BTW, other than this battery issue, I'm very happy with my T15G Gen 1 laptop. I'm running it with 128GB Ram and two Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSDs. It runs hot, but I'm using a
Targus 17 inch Dual Fan Lap Chill Mat which keeps the SSDs under/around 50 degrees C.

Thanks! -FRANK (Baertracks)