Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T14 Gen3 TrackPoint drifting

2020 New name Series after T430-T490 / T530-T590
khtsurrect
Freshman Member

T14 Gen3 TrackPoint drifting

#1 Post by khtsurrect » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:35 am

Never really had issue with trackpoint drifting on previous thinkpads, sure a bit of drifting might happen once a while and which last for 0.5-1 sec, but with the the current T14 Gen3 it's just redicicles how bad the trackpoint tend to be. Got the laptop August 2022 and got on-site service to replace the keyboard February 2023. But, now it's just as bad as it was a year ago. Sometimes the drifting can be ongoing for up to 10 sec and even if the cursor is stuck in a corner, it's just continue drifting back even if I try to "pull" it away serveral times.

My issue might very well be based on the new keyboard design for the T14 Gen3 one can assume that the trackpont had to be slightly changed as well and a hardware issue or it might be software related that the current drivers isn't doing the trick to handle drifting and not sure whether it's Lenovo drivers being used or Microsoft related. There might be some software tweaks that might help out and open for suggestion here prior opening a new case for keyboard replacement with Lenovo.

Assume that I can't be the only one with significant drifting issues with the T14 Gen3 keyboards, or?