See latest post for a build that will boot on X41 tablets.
Most of the ThinkPad-Tablet-specific changes have been merged into the main Android-x86 project. This means many things will work out-of-the-box for vanilla Android-x86 4.4-r1 for X60/X61/X200 tablets, including the Wacom digitizer, tablet buttons and auto rotate. However, one specific change did not make it due to conflict with other models. The result is auto rotate works (in the wrong direction) even when the tablet is in laptop mode, and soft keyboards will not automatically pop up in tablet mode.
If you're compiling a build for ThinkPad Tablets, here's a patch to fix that problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08nIG ... sp=sharing
And here's an ISO image with that patch applied: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08nIG ... sp=sharing
As usual, the ISO does not include Google Apps.
Original post below:
This is a build of Android-x86 with several enhancements tailored to ThinkPad X60/61 tablets. This build will not boot on a X41 tablet.
Download iso image here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08nIG ... sp=sharing
Changes from vanilla Android-x86 KitKat RC2:
- Wacom digitizer works as touch input.
- When in tablet mode, soft keyboard will pop up when needed, and auto rotate works.
- Tablet buttons: Esc is mapped to Back, Rotate is mapped to Home, Toolbox is mapped to Recent Apps, CtrlAltDel is mapped to Search. Up and Down (PgUp and PgDn on X41) are mapped to volume keys.
- Keyboard layout: Mapped menu key (between right Alt and Ctrl) to the "Recent Apps" software button. Unmapped Fn key so pressing Fn alone no longer puts the system to sleep.
- Includes tp_smapi kernel modules.
Also, the known issues in vanilla Android-x86 still applies, especially this one:
I've only tested it on my X60 tablet. Bluetooth doesn't quite work, but pretty much everything else works well.The installer can't format ext3 filesystem.
Please post any problems or bugs you encountered.