Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Looking for a broker that also runs on Linux?

Linux on ThinkPads
phillip1

Looking for a broker that also runs on Linux?

#1 Post by phillip1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:14 am

Hello everyone
Have a problem and I hope that I will got a useful answer on this Forum.
I've been looking for a reputable Broker in which the software runs equally good on Linux. So far I've always traded on my Computer whit Forex and CFDs. I heard from a friend that there is also a broker today who has a special software for Linux. Can someone recommend me such broker?

majkell

Re: Looking for a broker that also runs on Linux?

#2 Post by majkell » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:14 am

You heard that right, there is actually a broker today that has made a special version for the Linux operating system. It is used far too little by people today and that is one of the reasons why this broker today is not well known. I have been using the web version of IQ Option for some time, and can say that I really liked it. I simply log in via a Browser and you could use them without much trouble. Works great
Have a look here for more information: https://www.iqoptionmag.com/linux-trading-platform.html
"In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big." (Rush - Caravan)

w0qj
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#3 Post by w0qj » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:42 am

Our Forex and CFD broker program works on Win10; no Linux alternative.

Anyways, Win10 works fine for our purposes...
Daily Driver: (X1E3) X1 Extreme 3rd Gen | mobile broadband (WWAN)
Current Thinkpads: X1E3 | X1E1 | X1C10 | X1C9 | X1C4 | X1C3 | X230
Retired Thinkpads: X250 | T410 | T42 | 560 (circa 1996)

atagunov

#4 Post by atagunov » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:43 pm

Heh, the topic looked a bit too bizarre to read :) Anyway for what it's worth I'm running T520 with 16Gb of RAM under Ubuntu and here I'm running a KVM virtual machine where I run Windows 10. Everything works quite well. If you have to run a Win 10 app on Linux that's an option. How if you really want to squeeze every last millisecond of performance out of your app you might still be better off with running on the native OS with no VM, but if your trading is not absolutely tied to real-time this is an option to consider.

P.S. Hasn't it all moved to mobiles anyway? I never tried them but wouldn't some kind of Android emulator under Linux work even better? I bet every company offering trading apps offers an Android app as well.
X220, 2 *T520