- doing a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- SSD will be swapped between X220/X230/T520
would like to
- lower power usage on battery
- set battery charge starting threshold to 60%
- tinker as little as possible
I used to apt-get TLP + adjust /etc/tlp.conf
I've been told this is not the best way
Would anybody have a practical advice for me pls?..
P.S. help looks messy.. I'm a programmer/can tinker. But I'm overworked.. I haven't quite made peace with system.d either.. Its scripts/symlinks are confusing me.. Will learn if I have to..
P.P.S. crossposted to reddit, hope there's no rule against this
P.P.P.S. this is the comment that pushed me into thinking TLP is outdated: "I'm not a huge fan of TLP since in my opinion it doesn't do that much compared to powertop tuning and a recent kernel"
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests