Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X230 DisplayPort compliance version?

X230-X280, X390 Series
thrx1

X230 DisplayPort compliance version?

#1 Post by thrx1 » Sat May 10, 2014 2:10 am

Hi All,

I want to get a DisplayPort cable to attach to my X230 to my Sony Bravia HDTV TV so I can watch TV shows that I have recorded using Windows Media Center.

I want to use DisplayPort so I can have the 1 cable that carries both sound and video to the TV.

I looked on eBay and there are LOTS of cables but those that do list compliance are all DisplayPort 1.1 compliant.

Does anyone know what DisplayPort compliance the X230 has?
Is it DisplayPort 1.1 compliant, DisplayPort 1.2 compliant, DisplayPort 1.3 compliant?

Thanks in advance.

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: X230 DisplayPort compliance version?

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Sat May 10, 2014 3:12 am

X230 miniDisplayport carries both Video and Audio.
Don't know which comp-version, though.
Look at this: http://www.jdhodges.com/blog/lenovo-x22 ... i-adapter/
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)

no_man
Sophomore Member

#3 Post by no_man » Sat May 10, 2014 1:48 pm

While touring Wal-Mart in the XBOX electronics area I purchased an HDMI DP Adapter ($30.00) made for XBOX. It worked perfectly on an X230 into a 27" ViewSonic HD display. Nowhere on the Adapter box did it mention a Version. Now you got me wondering.

ppminj

#4 Post by ppminj » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:28 am

Hi,
I had purchased "Gold Plated Premium Mini DisplayPort (or Thunderbolt) to HDMI Male to Male Cable, Black 6 ft" from Amazon as suggested in http://www.jdhodges.com/blog/lenovo-x22 ... i-adapter/ for my Lenovo Thinkpad x230. However it not work. I connected the miniDisplay port to Lenovo x230 and HDMI to Sony Bravia LED TV, Chose HDMI option from LED TV, but there was no detection on any signal at all in the TV. I also did the "Go to -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display -> Screen Resolution". There is no TV detected there. Pls suggest what needs to be done. My LED TV HDMI ports are fine as I hooked up the DVD and it works well. I also have updated the Lenovo drivers for Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (64-bit).

Thanks
Pawan