X6X-series LED backlight conversion kit howtos

X60/X61 series specific matters only.
jaspen-meyer

Re: X6X-series LED backlight conversion kit howtos

#301 Post by jaspen-meyer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:29 am

pkiff wrote:(or is easily cuttable with an Xacto knife)
Yes, easily cut. You may need to sandwich it between layers of stick-resistant 'paper'.
T420 i7 3612QM; T420 i7 3630QM; x24 xiphmont led; x60s libreboot, led; T400 Q9100

Click This

#302 Post by Click This » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi there.

I've ordered a 4th batch X62 and I intend to do an LED backlit conversion on it when I receive it. Looking at Monty's guide and the few images available online of the X62 screen assembly thus far however, I'm a bit intimidated by the whole project. Are there any specific steps or precautions needed particular to the X62?

I found the potential to accidentally invert the inverter cable a bit frightening and the provided image in the guide didn't make sense to me. Could somebody clarify on that?

Thanks.

xiphmont

#303 Post by xiphmont » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Click This wrote:Hi there.

I've ordered a 4th batch X62 and I intend to do an LED backlit conversion on it when I receive it. Looking at Monty's guide and the few images available online of the X62 screen assembly thus far however, I'm a bit intimidated by the whole project. Are there any specific steps or precautions needed particular to the X62?
Not really, it's just like an X61.
I found the potential to accidentally invert the inverter cable a bit frightening and the provided image in the guide didn't make sense to me. Could somebody clarify on that?
Although the connector is not keyed, the way the cable fits in the lid makes it ~ impossible to plug in the inverter backwards accidentally. It's only an issue on the tablets as the cable is different and easy to reverse without noticing.