Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

SOLD: ThinkPad T61, 14", Nvidia (08/03)

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
Edward Mendelson
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

SOLD: ThinkPad T61, 14", Nvidia (08/03)

#1 Post by Edward Mendelson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm continuing to retire some of my old ThinkPads to make room for more, and it's time to sell off this beauty:

It's a 14-inch T61 with Nvidia graphics, dated 08/03. Experts on this forum know that this model is susceptible to failure if the GPU detaches from the motherboard. This unit, however, has had very little use over the years, and never anything graphically demanding, so my guess is that it's got years of life in it yet, but of course there are no guarantees.

It's in absolutely beautiful condition, like all the machines I've sold on this forum (please see my feedback). If anyone's interested, I'll post photos. The machine has never been outdoors, and I used it only for testing software.

It's type 8892-02U, s/n L3-B2994. It's got 3GB of RAM, Intel 4965agn wi-fi, and I'll ship it with a 100GB hard disk (FRU 42T1485), either blank or with Windows 7 or 10 (your choice) installed and ready to start. You'll need to activate Windows if you ask for Windows installed. The BIOS has been reset to defaults (it's the Middleton BIOS, of course). It will ship in the original box with all the original packaging, power supply, etc. The battery is a Lenovo 9-cell, still in good condition, but of course a bit aged; the Lenovo Toolbox says it has 97% of its original capacity.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's an SXGA+ (1400X1050) model.

Price: $100, including UPS shipping in the lower 48 states only.
Last edited by Edward Mendelson on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Edward Mendelson
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

Re: FS: ThinkPad T61, 14", Nvidia (08/03)

#2 Post by Edward Mendelson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 am

No need to take my word for the good condition of this unit. Here are some photos:

http://imgur.com/a/iU36r

ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge

Re: FS: ThinkPad T61, 14", Nvidia (08/03)

#3 Post by ajkula66 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am

Edward Mendelson wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 am
No need to take my word for the good condition of this unit.
Everyone in their right mind would most certainly take your word on the given subject matter... :thumbs-UP:
Here are some photos:http://imgur.com/a/iU36r
You're killing me here...I need another ThinkPad like I need a hole in the head, but this is possibly even prettier than the T61p that I got from you a couple of years ago, and that one was a stunner.

Someone please grab it before I do something that I might regret...
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

One FlexView to rule them all: A31p

Abused daily: T520, X200s

PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.

Edward Mendelson
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

Re: SOLD: ThinkPad T61, 14", Nvidia (08/03)

#4 Post by Edward Mendelson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Sold, in a very smooth transaction!

ajkula66 - you've been rescued this time, but I'll have one or two more machines for sale in the fall, so you're not out of the woods yet....