Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Open invitation

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
axmaxwell
Freshman Member

Open invitation

#1 Post by axmaxwell » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:15 pm

This is me posting an open invitation for United States based members of the ThinkPad forum to come and join my Facebook page. It is called:

USA PC PARTS BUY SELL TRADE

Membership is still quite small, but we are really looking to expand. In searching Facebook for groups of people selling computer parts, I found that most of the groups were based overseas and that a lot of people were just listing old junk. My cousin and I moderate this page and do not allow BS posts or foreign people trying to sell you t-shirts and other junk. I am very strict with my rules and trying to sell anything other than computer parts repeatedly gets people banned.

Hope to see some of you join.

~Axmawell

P.S. I've got nothing against foreigners. I recognize that some of the top contributing members to the ThinkPad forum are not from the United States and if you shoot me a message I would be willing to let you join.
e-Machine upgrade : mini ITX, I7-4790K, 16gb ram GTX-1050tiLP
Home Desktop: I5-2500k, R9 390X, 24gb ram, 14tb storage
X230t: I7-3520m, 16gb ram, 128gb msata ssd, 2tb hdd

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Open invitation

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Rather than go join that useless spyware outfit Eff-book, we have a much better, private place for selling stuff!
It's called: Marketplace - Forum Members only
Lovely day for a Guinness! (the Real Black Stuff). And pigs CAN fly! :mrgreen:
Check out The Boardroom for Parts, Mods and Other Services.

Saucey

Re: Open invitation

#3 Post by Saucey » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:36 am

I'm considering to join just to browse but I don't have a link and not really going to sift thru pages of the same/similar name to find it...

Has there been successful sales there? How would one get reputation on facebook vs how Offer Up, Etsy, eBay & Amazon Marketplace handles things?
I don't mean to sound crude, it's just that I had terrible success in completing a computer deal/repair via facebook than on sites I mention & craigslist.
Additionally I really don't trust any sales outside of TPF, or eBay.
Coffee, ThinkPads & Nikon Fan.

Current: PixelBook, T420s & T430s
Collected: A31p, T43p, 2521
Past: W700ds, X1C3, 701C

Return to “Off-Topic Stuff”