Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

What a wild ride this has been.

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

What a wild ride this has been.

#1 Post by TuuS » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:47 am

This will be a happy but solemn message. Although I've been coming to this forum as long as it has existed, it wasn't until becoming a victim of Nvidia debacle with the T 61 series in 2008 and forward that this forum has become family to me. I have enjoyed this hobby immensely. I cannot begin to count the number of people I've helped fix and upgrade this series of laptop. The NOS motherboards alone have kept Frankie builders supplied with affordable safe motherboards for many years but unfortunately all good things do come to an end and the supply is running low. However I didn't make this post to talk about that rather to let my forum Family know some things I've been dealing with. Some of the Forum staff and older members already know this but I have been fighting cancer and it has turned into fighting the treatment for cancer as it ravages my body. I now believe I'm suffering from radiation poisoning secondary to treating a brain tumor. I don't think I'm going anywhere soon but I have decided to change my lifestyle as a means of survival. The short version is for my own sanity I need to get out more so I bought a motorhome and want to travel this country for as long as I'm physically able. I will continue to provide these motherboards as long as supply list and will continue to help members. I feel Pride when I say I helped keep these laptops running on every continent on this planet except Antarctica however someday I will not be surprised if a scientist at McMurdo Air Force Base messages me to get a board LOL that would be some feather in my cap and I could imagine one of these Mega geniuses using a Frankie as a personal computer.

So mostly I just wanted to thank everyone, the staff all of the old timers in the marketplace, people like ThinkPad George, if you've been here long enough you know who he is LOL real black stuff who has become a good friend and confidant in recent years. I also have to mention bill, he is a kindred soul and we both love cockatoos.

I'm sure many of my friends have noticed that I have been less active here. The last 4 months I have been traveling the country. Haven't been able to do much but I got to see a lot. After spending a decade wasting away from cancer treatment one of my hips failed with no trauma or injury so I had to have emergency surgery and it's giving me a new lease on life. I can't stand or walk for butt at least I can drive again. I have not been this happy in a long time. The work I did in this forum help keep my mind active and even though I never kept any profit from anything I sold, assuming there was any, it all went to a homeless needy family to purchase and refurb a foreclosed home. After all if we can't take care of the people we love what are we doing with our lives and having life-threatening illness really clears your mind and shows you what is important. For the past couple years I've limited most of my activity to just selling these Frankie parts. Mostly just and NOS boards since I stopped building laptops for members years ago. At this point I really enjoy it and bring them with me when I travel so if anyone needs one I can drop it off at a local post office. I will continue to do this. Also have a little good news which I will share in the marketplace but I just wanted to make this post primarily for my friends and family here at thinkpads. Com

dr_st
Admin
Admin

Re: What a wild ride this has been.

#2 Post by dr_st » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:55 am

Hi, TuuS. A happy but solemn message indeed. Glad to know that you are coping, and wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

For sure, your contributions to the community have been enormous.

Curious about one thing:
TuuS wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:47 am
I've been coming to this forum as long as it has existed
Did you use a different username in the beginning, or were you just lurking? :D
Thinkpad 25 (20K7), T490 (20N3), Yoga 14 (20FY), T430s (IPS FHD + Classic Keyboard), X220 4291-4BG
X61 7673-V2V, T60 2007-QPG, T42 2373-F7G, X32 (IPS Screen), A31p w/ Ultrabay Numpad

ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge

#3 Post by ajkula66 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 pm

It's great to have you back amongst us, TuuS... :thumbs-UP:

You have been missed, but as long as your recovery is coming along, our patience has been rewarded.

Stay well, my friend.
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

One FlexView to rule them all: A31p

Abused daily: T520, X200s

PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#4 Post by TuuS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:20 am

dr_st wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:55 am

For sure, your contributions to the community have been enormous.

Curious about one thing:
Did you use a different username in the beginning, or were you just lurking? :D
Thank you sir you are indeed a gentleman.

The second question I can't say for sure I may have several other accounts linked to other email addresses but I don't remember posting in the Forum until after my T 61 failed. I certainly had no time or ambition to hang out in forums and I certainly remember my good buddy ThinkPad George who posted below you. Even though we didn't speak until late 2008, I got a lot of useful information from him. The rest of you I met after I realized I had unique access to these systems and wanted to be involved in keeping them alive.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#5 Post by TuuS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:21 am

ajkula66 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 pm
It's great to have you back amongst us, TuuS... :thumbs-UP:

You have been missed, but as long as your recovery is coming along, our patience has been rewarded.

Stay well, my friend.
Thank you my good friend. I hope to meet you in person sometime soon. As for recovery I have more realistic expectations. The damage is done if the cancer does not kill me the treatment is going to. The only question is how fast I decline.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#6 Post by TuuS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:45 am

A little off topic in this thread but it doesn't really belong in the marketplace because this is not available to just anyone but if any of my customers is interested in selling parts on eBay or elsewhere I would be willing to give them a mountain of t61 parts. Mostly stripped laptops primarily t61p 0808 laptops that I have removed the motherboard. I'm not going to invest any physical labor in this so there will be cost to pay somebody to package and ship it but I don't want any money for it. What I do want is for one of my friends and family here to make a little bit of money selling serviceable parts some of them in grade a condition. I must warn you that you won't find any tight hinges, all of them have been removed and most sold but I do still sell most of the rare parts, what I have left is just the bulk of the parts. I have a shed full of boxes and shells with Stacks and stacks of these parts and I've lost interest and digging through them every time somebody wants something so they are going to go into the dumpster unless somebody is willing to pay the neighbor's kid about $12 an hour to pack it up and take it to the post office. I don't want to advertise this or post it in the marketplace but any of my customers or friends are welcome to message me. Also understand it might be a month or two before you receive them. There will be a large pile of keyboards most of them perfectly serviceable but I have already sorted out anything close to Mint Condition the same with palm rests. The rest of the parts you will find in like new A & B grade. It's possible some may not survive shipment because I am physically unable to give this the attention I normally do when packing parts they will come in a large box unless you want me to find someone to wrap them individually at your expense. I just want the space back at this point. Either way I'm going to have to pay somebody to clean it up so it's a win-win for everyone.

hankhoser

#7 Post by hankhoser » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Hello, TuuS. Thanks for helping me recently as you know.

Didn't know how ill you were. I admire your attitude to it all. Some people would give up more easily, given your condition. We all lose sight of what's important until things change and we realize it's too late to do anything. You can. You've already contributed much to this community over the years, and you should definitely take some personal time, I think you've earned it.

As far as spare parts go, I'd be willing to pay above cost for spare palm rests for a 15 inch 4:3 T60, or keyboards for a T61 that you have, bearing in mind I live in the UK. Just let me know if I can help with this.

Take care of you and yours, TuuS.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#8 Post by TuuS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Thank you I love that message. The free parts are average used eBay grade although you will find some nice pieces just not the ones that wear a lot. I may have a t60 Palm rest but I don't think I have any in grade A or better condition. I could probably provide you a few Mint Condition keyboards that I've collected over the years but the free parts or what you expect from a typical corporate laptop so there will be shiny keys maybe a couple with a missing key or two but anything really bad was trashed long ago. I'm sure you know I have several 15.4 in t61p frames and lower plastic that are in mint condition. I also have quite a few laptops I'm going to be selling but I really have no urgent need for the money so I'm probably going to offer them one or two at a time. I'm probably going to liquidate some or most of my ThinkPad collection. Along this are some extremely rare laptops from this generation. I have a couple 0808 t61 and t61p models. I have an original Nvidia t61 that was one of the last special orders ever built. In original box lightly used including original build sheet with a high-end Penryn CPU. I believe all the original manuals and even the extra trackpoint knobs are still in the box. I have a z61 p that appeared to be brand new unissued when I got it. The only thing that wasn't highest spec on this rare gem was the T 7200 CPU which I swapped out for a t 7600. Still has the original Windows XP SP2 installed including battery and adapter. I had it listed for 299 once before but no takers. Of course you could probably find one cheaper but these motherboards are very rare and at the time we're worth about $300 alone. It also has a mint condition LG wuxga screen that was far better then anything they put in the t61p. Because of the value of the motherboard and the screen and a virtually mint and rare laptop, I think it's Easley worth my asking price. I would accept offers though. I also have a t500 with the fastest CPU option of t9900. According to Lenovo this was not even available but I managed to get a lot of these and they sold very fast years ago. One is still sitting on my shelf. I have half a dozen of the titanium lid z61 t some close to Mint some that need work. I have several Intel based t61 15.4 in about half are average spec and half are high specced Penryn models. Somewhere I got a spare Frankie t601 that I may sell but we will see.

For those who are not aware I spent December through April traveling the country in a motorhome, I am home now but I plan to spend a lot more time in the motorhome. While still available I will be carrying some of the NOS motherboards with me so they will always be available while supplies last. Some of the other parts will only be sold when I am at home base.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#9 Post by TuuS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:51 pm

I guess this is a good opportunity to talk more about my ThinkPad collection. Two of my prized possessions or the very first t601 to ever get an NOS motherboard. It was a couple years before the first one surfaced, the one I got was replaced buy IBM warranty and not Lenovo so it got identical motherboard to the ones I later was selling with FX 570 part number 44 C 3926. I purchased and Alienware Area 51 laptop and swapped the x9000 chip into my ThinkPad putting the old chip into the Alienware and mudding the BIOS to disable discrete graphics. This was a beautiful laptop and sometimes I wish I kept it but it was just too costly to repair the infamous Nvidia problems. I tried buying a new graphics card and ended up with a failed card somebody had baked it in the oven. After a long dispute I just gave up and put it back together and sold it cheap to a friend on this forum, but these laptops were a work of art , however I ended up with the coolest ultimate Frankie in the world at that time. Since then I have helped many people build equally nice Frankie's but nobody had anything like this back in 2010 or early 2011. There were just no good motherboards available unless you wanted to use Intel graphics or take a chance on a working yet defective motherboard. Just too much memory in this laptop to sell, but maybe I will leave it to bill in my will LOL since I doubt my family would appreciate it. It wasn't the first t601 but it was the best at that time.

As most of you are aware you just couldn't buy a good GPU unless you purchased it in the last month of production and it had to be a widescreen. The standard screen ended production about May of 2008 but there is a little-known secret back then that even though these laptops we're not listed on the website if you called and asked they would build one for you. One of Lenovo employees who is a member here had one of these t61p models custom built in July 2008 and since they no longer had these motherboards available in manufacturing they used what we now call and NOS 44 C 3926. Perhaps the only standard screen t61p that was ever manufactured with the non-defective GPU. I doubt I will sell this ever but who knows. It is 100% original including a high-end Penryn CPU. All the plastic is original and near mint. The only thing not original are the ThinkPad logos stickers where replaced with IBM stickers as used in 2007. Seems that even Lenovo employees like the IBM tag better as do I but if I ever do sell it it will probably come with new ThinkPad stickers so it can be 100% Factory original. If only I had the factory box with it.

I also have several a 31 and a 31 P models. Several years ago it started becoming very difficult to get a good motherboard for these models. I believe I have one complete fully working a 31p that could use a new back light bulb or screen but it is definitely serviceable after it warms up and The Red tint fades which I'm sure we are all familiar with. I have two others like it one does not work and has not been investigated the other works but needs repairs and I don't really recall exactly what. I have three or four a31 models with varying options most work but some may need repair. I'm probably going to sell these as a lot sale in fact had a buyer a couple years ago who agreed to take them at any time in the future I wanted to sell, but I forgot to get back to him and don't remember his name. He will have first dibs naturally if I could figure it out. Unfortunately I have had enormous numbers of inbox messages here and would routinely need to clear out all of my folders every few months to make room for more so I have no record of a lot of this stuff. It really has been a wild ride and without this Hobby I could not have maintained my sanity while dealing with these medical issues and I intend to continue working with thinkpads as long as I am physically able.

hankhoser

#10 Post by hankhoser » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:19 am

Is the 44c3931 board the 'safe' 256 meg fx570m? I'd be interested if you have any of those as you can never be sure with fleabay - T61P systems and individual motherboards sold there rarely show proof it is a post-fix system (or they could just post an image of a safe dated chip from elsewhere, for illustration purposes).

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#11 Post by TuuS » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:09 am

hankhoser wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:19 am
Is the 44c3931 board the 'safe' 256 meg fx570m? I'd be interested if you have any of those as you can never be sure with fleabay - T61P systems and individual motherboards sold there rarely show proof it is a post-fix system (or they could just post an image of a safe dated chip from elsewhere, for illustration purposes).
The 44c3931 was manufactured for several months most of them are no better than any other motherboard but in 0808 production models they started to use the new GPU chip. I can get these motherboards even still today or for slightly more I can get you an entire 0808 laptop in near mint condition. I don't advertise these because they are not cheap and in the last several years I've managed to locate two of them that were in Prime condition. I think I still have one of these laptops and I have one in my collection. You might get lucky and find one cheap somewhere but if it does not have the original motherboard it's lost all of its value in my opinion. The GPU chips on these units are usually the 25th week of 2008 showing date code 0825. I do not believe any significant quantity of the IBM replacement boards survive the lifespan of this model because we never saw them in liquidation. Until we were fortunate enough to find the standard screen motherboards, this was the Lion's Share of the motherboards that I sourced. Back in 2011 I was able to sell them for $150 the price has since doubled. Also back in 2010/2011 there was no shortage fake GPU chips and factories in Southeast Asia sharing a refurb boards that were junk. At first they had old CPU chips when they realized educated buyer wanted newer chips we started seeing motherboards with the dates and logos polish off of the chip And new logo and date etched on. I've even seen some that appeared to be painted on. I have one somewhere that when I removed the heat sink half the logo was stuck to it LOL. I've also posted some articles from repair shops that have dealt with receiving fake GPU chips from China.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#12 Post by TuuS » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:15 am

Sorry my phone stopped responding in the middle of that message I was lucky I was able to get it to post.

In my opinion most of this Nvidia debacle is a result unscrupulous merchants rather than the effects of the defective GPU chips. At one point I calculated that 40% of the people who contacted me for help had been victimized buying motherboards for laptops from eBay or other internet markets or improperly repaired. Another popular scam in that era was to throw the motherboard in an oven and bake it. Put it back together and sell it on eBay hoping it would last until eBay would not accept a dispute. It was actually a successful business model because even if 1/3 both of them fail while eBay would still do something about it they would just refund the purchase and not received any negative feedback so they could keep selling this junk. One seller even advertise them as resolder GPU chip in the fine print. He seemed to have no problem selling them and many of his customers ended up coming to May to buy a real working motherboard. In the last several years I tried to steer people to the Intel alternative because they virtually never die, but for those who insist on Nvidia I was able to help hundreds if not thousands.

hankhoser

#13 Post by hankhoser » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:16 pm

TuuS wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:09 am
I can get these motherboards even still today or for slightly more I can get you an entire 0808 laptop in near mint condition. I don't advertise these because they are not cheap and in the last several years I've managed to locate two of them that were in Prime condition. I think I still have one of these laptops and I have one in my collection.
Let me know if you find either a board or a system with this board in you could sell to me, please TuuS. I trust your experience with these to judge if it would be reliable enough. If you think it's a good board we'll talk price.

Still looking for a T60 15 inch 4:3 palmrest, too if you have one.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#14 Post by TuuS » Thu May 02, 2019 2:56 am

hankhoser wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:16 pm
TuuS wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:09 am
I can get these motherboards even still today or for slightly more I can get you an entire 0808 laptop in near mint condition. I don't advertise these because they are not cheap and in the last several years I've managed to locate two of them that were in Prime condition. I think I still have one of these laptops and I have one in my collection.
Let me know if you find either a board or a system with this board in you could sell to me, please TuuS. I trust your experience with these to judge if it would be reliable enough. If you think it's a good board we'll talk price.

Still looking for a T60 15 inch 4:3 palmrest, too if you have one.
I have exactly what you're looking for I just don't advertise them because they are not cheap and I only sell them to those I have a working relationship with. I sent you a private message offering you a complete laptop or I can sell you the motherboard only.

dwilsonfl

#15 Post by dwilsonfl » Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pm

You've helped so many of us stretch our budgets a little farther. I'm in line to say thank you. Now if you want to stay busy, I can send you some Computrace affected laptops to fix. :)

Thanks again,

David
Vocavit autem servirent

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#16 Post by TuuS » Wed May 22, 2019 3:28 pm

No need to send me a laptop to fix this. Simply call the phone number on the computrace bios screen. Tell them you purchased a retired corporate laptop and you would like it removed. They have to notify the original owner and as long as the laptop is not stolen they will deactivate the computrace and within a few weeks it will be disabled. It's also possible to manually remove it and Forum member real black stuff may help with that but it's so easy to have it removed through proper channels and you can also confirm they were not stolen if you go through proper channels.

Also said thank you very much for the kind words and I will continue to help people as long as I am able.

Dragunov
Freshman Member

#17 Post by Dragunov » Fri May 24, 2019 9:42 pm

TuuS wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:47 am
This will be a happy but solemn message. Although I've been coming to this forum as long as it has existed, it wasn't until becoming a victim of Nvidia debacle with the T 61 series in 2008 and forward that this forum has become family to me. I have enjoyed this hobby immensely. I cannot begin to count the number of people I've helped fix and upgrade this series of laptop. The NOS motherboards alone have kept Frankie builders supplied with affordable safe motherboards for many years but unfortunately all good things do come to an end and the supply is running low. However I didn't make this post to talk about that rather to let my forum Family know some things I've been dealing with. Some of the Forum staff and older members already know this but I have been fighting cancer and it has turned into fighting the treatment for cancer as it ravages my body. I now believe I'm suffering from radiation poisoning secondary to treating a brain tumor. I don't think I'm going anywhere soon but I have decided to change my lifestyle as a means of survival. The short version is for my own sanity I need to get out more so I bought a motorhome and want to travel this country for as long as I'm physically able. I will continue to provide these motherboards as long as supply list and will continue to help members. I feel Pride when I say I helped keep these laptops running on every continent on this planet except Antarctica however someday I will not be surprised if a scientist at McMurdo Air Force Base messages me to get a board LOL that would be some feather in my cap and I could imagine one of these Mega geniuses using a Frankie as a personal computer.

So mostly I just wanted to thank everyone, the staff all of the old timers in the marketplace, people like ThinkPad George, if you've been here long enough you know who he is LOL real black stuff who has become a good friend and confidant in recent years. I also have to mention bill, he is a kindred soul and we both love cockatoos.

I'm sure many of my friends have noticed that I have been less active here. The last 4 months I have been traveling the country. Haven't been able to do much but I got to see a lot. After spending a decade wasting away from cancer treatment one of my hips failed with no trauma or injury so I had to have emergency surgery and it's giving me a new lease on life. I can't stand or walk for butt at least I can drive again. I have not been this happy in a long time. The work I did in this forum help keep my mind active and even though I never kept any profit from anything I sold, assuming there was any, it all went to a homeless needy family to purchase and refurb a foreclosed home. After all if we can't take care of the people we love what are we doing with our lives and having life-threatening illness really clears your mind and shows you what is important. For the past couple years I've limited most of my activity to just selling these Frankie parts. Mostly just and NOS boards since I stopped building laptops for members years ago. At this point I really enjoy it and bring them with me when I travel so if anyone needs one I can drop it off at a local post office. I will continue to do this. Also have a little good news which I will share in the marketplace but I just wanted to make this post primarily for my friends and family here at thinkpads. Com
Well buddy, I may be picking your T61 brain pretty soon, as I'm thinking of acquiring one soon. :D

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#18 Post by TuuS » Sat May 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Glad to help you

Cigarguy
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#19 Post by Cigarguy » Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 am

So very sorry to hear the bad news about your health TuuS. Devastating news. You've been a great help to me over the years. My T601 that I built with help from you is still going strong. You've been and continue to be a valuable and trusted member of this forum and this community.

I am happy to you are taking some time to travel and prioritizing your time.

Cheers.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#20 Post by TuuS » Mon May 27, 2019 6:24 am

Thank you my cigar smoking friend... I was thinking of you the other day and thought I should add one more item to my bucket list. I've never been able to smoke a cigar, maybe you could teach me LOL I forget where you're located but if I'm in your area maybe I could buy you a beer and you could teach me to smoke a cigar LOL if nothing else we would have something to laugh about as I epically fail in this task LOL

Last time I tried to light a cigar I gagged and choked for a while and eventually conceded it was not for me but maybe I did something wrong. Maybe if I learn how to smoke cigars it would have created some equilibrium in my body and I would be cancer-free LOL

Cigarguy
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#21 Post by Cigarguy » Mon May 27, 2019 2:31 pm

LOL, the key to a fine cigar is not to inhale. I'm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada which borders Montana and Idaho. Yes definitely if you are up near this area let me know.

Cancer sucks. Getting older sucks. A cigar smoking friend of mine was recently diagnose with stage 4 cancer.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#22 Post by TuuS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Cigarguy wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:31 pm
A cigar smoking friend of mine was recently diagnose with stage 4 cancer.
I definitely feel for your friend. I was lucky that my type of cancer was not invasive however it was in a very bad location. They removed it surgically and if true through pack they removed it with radiation which made me so sick I could barely hold food down and was unable to even walk unassisted 4 over a decade. Sometimes it's not the cancer that kills you it's the Cure.

Unfortunately I have to stick around this summer to get test done since I'm way over to for a follow-up. From my perspective when a doctor makes me worse I just stopped going back but it got to the point where I really need to know what's going on. Anyway I will be going south again in the winter and maybe next summer I will get to Montana and maybe we can meet up and have a cigar.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#23 Post by TuuS » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:27 am

I wanted to update this old topic and let my friends know that they have scanned me down the throat up from the bottom x-rays cat scans MRI everything from my brain to my prostate and they haven't found any new tumors. However they did find that my pituitary gland in my brain is shutting down and causing other vital glands to stop working. As horrible as this sounds it's actually treatable with steroids and hormones supplements. I'm cautiously optimistic this will increase my quality of life. Meanwhile I've been very busy. I returned for my travels in August finished up the rest of my medical evaluation and I have been insulating my motorhome installing solar and new batteries, getting ready to install a wheelchair lift preparing to leave in December so I can spend the winter traveling across the Southern States from Georgia to California and back. I did the same last year but this time I am prepared I won't need to run a generator to keep warm at night and I have at least two weeks of battery power assuming the Sun never comes out to recharge them so I should be very comfortable this winter. If any of you live in the Sunbelt I may even consider stopping to visit you.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#24 Post by TuuS » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:38 pm

I just started a new course of medications this week and the results are extraordinary. It turns out I had secondary adrenal insufficiency a condition where your adrenal gland does not produce hormones and it has been life threatening and undiagnosed. Apparently a couple pills everyday and I am fine.

I feel better than I have in 10 years but I have a long road of recovery ahead.

tfflivemb2
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

#25 Post by tfflivemb2 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:38 pm

TuuS wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:39 pm
I just started a new course of medications this week and the results are extraordinary. It turns out I had secondary adrenal insufficiency a condition where your adrenal gland does not produce hormones and it has been life threatening and undiagnosed. Apparently a couple pills everyday and I am fine.

I feel better than I have in 10 years but I have a long road of recovery ahead.
Well, lets hope you have MANY years left in ya... Cheers!

Cigarguy
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#26 Post by Cigarguy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:16 pm

Awesome news TuuS. Glad you're getting/feeling alive again. Quality of life is important.

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

#27 Post by RealBlackStuff » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:06 am

Terrific news!
Great that the MDs are able to give you that more pep!
From now on you'll be basking!
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#28 Post by TuuS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:52 pm

I'm very excited and just in time for my winter trip. Can't wait to escape this cold up here in the North.

ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge

#29 Post by ajkula66 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 pm

TuuS wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:52 pm
I'm very excited and just in time for my winter trip. Can't wait to escape this cold up here in the North.
And you're actually able to start that trip with a new lease on life... :thumbs-UP:

Best wishes to you and may the upcoming holidays bring joy to your face once again.
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

One FlexView to rule them all: A31p

Abused daily: T520, X200s

PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#30 Post by TuuS » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:59 am

ajkula66 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 pm

And you're actually able to start that trip with a new lease on life... :thumbs-UP:

Best wishes to you and may the upcoming holidays bring joy to your face once again.
Thank you George

I'm currently near Houston Texas traveling with my new service dog. His name is Boss dawg and he is an unusually large Boxer pup, just 10 months old and his training is working out great so far. After the holidays I'm going to spend some time in the deserts of the Southwest and ultimately visiting some family in California before heading back East again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years