Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

UPDATED: X2100 4th batch crowdfunding

Old(er) Thinkpads with New(er) Intestines: X62/T50/T70/X210/X330 etc.
xytech

UPDATED: X2100 4th batch crowdfunding

#1 Post by xytech » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:52 am

Hi everybody! the 4th batch X2100 (renamed from X210) group buy is on!

I am the modder behind xy.tech and Instagram. I have built plenty of systems for fans all around the world, including X330, X210, X62 and so on.

CROWDFUNDING
51nb has updated the 4th batch crowdfunding with 10th gen Intel CPU, with a target number of 200 pieces of motherboards . As a huge fan of the site and of Hope, the original developer of the motherboard, I would like to help fans on this forum get on board on this crowdfunding by offering the opportunity to participate in it at the same price as 51nb.

The specification of the board is an i7-10510u with USB-C (data and displayport instead of mDP, no charging at all). The 2666MHz RAM is also supported. The layout and other specs is the same with the 3rd batch X210.

The increase in price will be $60 over the original 4th batch crowdfunding at 4399RMB, or approximately $620USD.

All payment will be done via PayPal for buyer's protection. This excludes the ~4.45% PayPal tax. Shipping worldwide will be $60USD. Other payment methods such as bank transfer, transferwise, or cryptocurrencies are welcomed but all additional charges will be borne by the participant. Shipping can be arranged by participant too.

Terms of participation:
  • All payments are made directly to 51nb. I am only in charge of facilitating this transaction.
  • I am not responsible for the motherboards. They will be shipped directly to international shipping and I will NOT check or inspect the motherboard.
  • All warranties, issues, problems or otherwise unsatisfaction will be dealt with directly with 51nb.
  • I am not affiliated with 51nb whatsoever and I am in no part an employee or financially involved with the company.
  • NO REFUND will be issued in the event you wish to pull out unless crowdfunding fails

PERIPHERALS, FULL MACHINE & OTHERS
I would also like to offer other peripherals and services for the X210. These will NOT be a product by 51nb and is not affiliated to 51nb.

Full testing of the motherboard
Motherboard will be fully tested for port functionality and stability. Each internal port (NVMe, 2.5", mSATA, miniPCIe) will be populated, along with all the external ports (USB, miniDP, LVDS & eDP) and will be stress tested for 4hrs to ensure stability. More details will be confirmed once the crowdfunding is a success. The price for this will be $70USD

Peripherals & others
The peripherals offered is as follows:
  • Custom cooling fan assembly by 17m19 - $50
  • 13" 3K by 2K ThinkPad X1 Tablet 3:2 display top half assembly by Barry & 17m19 - $200
  • Port covers - $20USD
  • Insulating mylar sheets - $10
These 4 will be the 4 primary accessories. I am still in talks with the relevant modders regarding these mods. The custom cooling solution will be a custom 3 pipe fan that is able to cool the quad-core. The 3K display will be offered as a per-modded top half. The bezels will be CNC cut to ensure a perfect finish.

I will also offer purchasing of components & other accessories from China. RAM, SSD, WiFi, 4G and any other items can be selected to be shipped together to save on shipping.

Full machine assembly
A full machine configuration will also be offered. The base specs will be a complete barebones machine with the 13" top half custom fan, mylar sheets and port covers. The WiFi for now will be the 7260ac. Pricing for this will be $1160USD shipped via PayPal or $1110 via other payment methods (buyer will bear any additional fees).

I will also offer the FHD build at $1060 ($1010 via other payment method) for those who are interested in getting the FHD stock sized display.

These machines will be minimally in A- condition, but they will usually be A or A+ condition.

PAYMENT & WARRANTY INFORMATION
The default payment option will be PayPal, as it is the most used online payment method across the globe. As there is a ~4.45% tax for PayPal transactions, I also accept other payment forms such as transferwise, bank transfer, cryptocurrencies.

Please contact me via this website, reddit: /u/xueyao, any of my social medias or email: xue.yao.n@gmail.com

Shipping will be $60 for the motherboard option Peripherals will have different pricing list. The full machine has worldwide shipping included.

For tax, all motherboards or computers will be under declared as much as possible to reduce import tax. This of course means no insurance. For members living in Europe where tax is insanely high, this will save quite a bit of money. I have shipped many laptops to Europe, USA, Asia and even South Africa and they were delivered with no issues.

For warranty for the motherboard only, it will be provided from 51nb as you are purchasing directly from 51nb. For full machine build or parts, if the issue is detected early, I will bear the cost of shipping back to China and the repair associated with it. Otherwise, a partial or full refund will be issued depending on the issue.

ABOUT 51NB, AND ABOUT ME
51nb is a small technology company who's main focus is their website, 51nb, which is a technology website offering reviews, services and peripherals. The forum is famous for the ThinkPad forum, which is the number 1 forum in the Chinese cyberspace for ThinkPad enthusiasts. The custom motherboard is a sub component of the 51nb forum, which was originally started by Hope in order to fulfill his dream and satisfy many of the ThinkPad fans in China. Hope and his 51nb team has no affiliation to other modders regarding the crowdfunded motherboard.

Unofficially however, there are many brilliant modders in China who post frequently in 51nb about ThinkPad mods. The X210 project has brought about many wonderful mods, such as the 13" display and the custom cooling assembly. Other prominent mod includes the X330 mods, which I am currently offering with a.gain's mod.

These modders are not legally, officially endorsed by the forum or 51nb. They are just like you, huge fans of the ThinkPads who love to tinker. The motherboard is the only official project offered by 51nb, and they have NEVER officially offered it outside of China.

For those who have seen or know about this saga, the modder behind these websites, Jacky, is NOT officially part of 51nb. He is indeed a wonderful modder who produces amazing machines, but the fact that his website states that he IS 51nb will cause legal issues with Lenovo. Lenovo has sent official warnings regarding the motherboards, and full machine builds will only cause more trouble for 51nb.

He is now an officially endorsed resale vendor approved by 51nb. The requirement is to have 50 motherboard orders, which I do not have. There are no difference between official resale vendor and what I offer, as the warranty is still the same. The official 51nb warranty is to send in your machine back to China for repairs. This is why I offer to pay for shipping and a refund policy for those who have issues with their machines.

I am a fan of ThinkPad for years and I started xy.tech in order to make these Chinese mods more accessible to the international audience. They include X330 and custom motherboards by 51nb such as the X210, X62 and T70. I am not affiliated to 51nb, but I am friends with many modders there and would love to spread their work. I also do IBM keyboard mods as well as other vintage keyboard modding.

Thank you for reading!
Last edited by xytech on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:19 am, edited 7 times in total.

xytech

Re: X210 4th batch crowdfunding

#2 Post by xytech » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:45 am

Added the cost for full machine build as well as peripheral cost!

The full machine will be $1100 via PayPal or $1050 via other payment methods with the 13" 3K display!

For those who are interested, you may contact me here via PM, Reddit: /u/xueyao, or any of my social media. You could also email me: xue.yao.n@gmail.com

Jacky-CNMOD

#3 Post by Jacky-CNMOD » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:36 am

PLS note:

Please advise: At the time of writing, we are the only 51nb authorised overseas reseller of X210 motherboards. Purchasing from an authorised reseller guarantees warranty and support from 51nb and us - you will not receive any form of support if you purchase from any other reseller.

I'm jacky .
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5D7E55BD

xytech

#4 Post by xytech » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:43 am

For all those who are concerned, I will be applying to be an official resale vendor once I hit the number stipulated by 51nb which is 10 motherboards.

All warranty will be the same for 51nb and Jacky, which is that you'll need to ship it back to China.

I'll be offering back and forth shipping covered by me, or a refund, as shipping back to China is impractical for most buyers.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

flyingfishfinger

#5 Post by flyingfishfinger » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Why is there a cost difference for full machines between what you and Jacky are offering? His ones were $200 more expensive for the same / similar configuration, I believe.

R

xytech

#6 Post by xytech » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 pm

flyingfishfinger wrote:Why is there a cost difference for full machines between what you and Jacky are offering? His ones were $200 more expensive for the same / similar configuration, I believe.

R
Healthy competition will drive prices down, and I don't think it's fair to charge fans for getting the motherboard directly from 51nb.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

L29Ah
Sophomore Member

#7 Post by L29Ah » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Do i get it right the 3K by 2K display panel is incompatible with the webcam?
51nb X210 with community EC mod, me_cleaner and recelled 99W*h battery; X230 with coreboot, me_cleaner and nitrocaster's FHD mod as a backup; R500 for guests; T60 just for the looks.

flyingfishfinger

#8 Post by flyingfishfinger » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:24 am

Looks to be incompatible.

It's a lovely (but glossy) display and there's not much bezel left where a webcam might go in mine (a build from Jacky).

R

andre#4
Freshman Member

#9 Post by andre#4 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Is it still possible to buy a x210 motherboard or whole system?

Was there anyone ever offering the whole thing built including the 3:2 screen and maybe even the OS?

I don't have any x200 parts at all.

xytech

Re: UPDATED: X2100 4th batch crowdfunding

#10 Post by xytech » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:43 pm

Hi everyone, the X2100 4th batch has been updated to include 10th gen Intel CPU. Drop me a DM on my social media or email for information on the X2100. You can also drop me a DM here but I usually reply a little bit slower. Thanks!

harryK
Sophomore Member

#11 Post by harryK » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:21 am

10th gen cpu AND usb-c...

L29Ah
Sophomore Member

#12 Post by L29Ah » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:09 am

"same with the 3rd batch X210" link returns "This page isn't available".
51nb X210 with community EC mod, me_cleaner and recelled 99W*h battery; X230 with coreboot, me_cleaner and nitrocaster's FHD mod as a backup; R500 for guests; T60 just for the looks.

evil

#13 Post by evil » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Jacky-CNMOD wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:36 am
PLS note:

Please advise: At the time of writing, we are the only 51nb authorised overseas reseller of X210 motherboards. Purchasing from an authorised reseller guarantees warranty and support from 51nb and us - you will not receive any form of support if you purchase from any other reseller.

I'm jacky .
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5D7E55BD
That's super....but what with my T70, X62 and X210 that were paid to youover year ago, but still no info on delivery and not sure if I will ever get them.... :-(
IBM Thinkpad T60p [200893G]: 15" UXGA FlexView, Core 2 Duo T7200, 4GB DDR2, Spinpoint M7 HM500JI 500GB, Advanced mini dock II, PLD Th

xytech

#14 Post by xytech » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:18 am

L29Ah wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:09 am
"same with the 3rd batch X210" link returns "This page isn't available".
Updated the link. It's literally the exact same as the 3rd batch X210 other than CPU, RAM supported and USB-C support. Latest update from 51nb is that the mobo has been redesigned and waiting for a prototype test run: https://forum.51nb.com/forum.php?mod=vi ... a=page%3D1