Most issues are related to bugy temporary delay/freeze at bios level when system is in shutdown/reboot/sleep procedure:
- often there's no beep sound when system is shutdown, battery led is turn on and fan is still working. After 10-15 seconds battery led blink for a seccond and then everything is off, sometimes it won't turn off even after that time, sometimes works ok
- system reboot makes some extra delay, it looks like there's shutdown procedure for a few seconds (all leds are turn off, beep, no fan spin)
- when alt+ctrl+del is pressed in bios screen is freezed for 10 seconds (curror keys doesn't work).
- im not sure it's related but two times happend: after 30minutes system istantly powered off. (doesn't found IME signature?)
- often sleep mode doesn't work (no beep, two leds: power and sleep led are lid till 10-15 sec or sometimes longer and fan is spinning, then system is instantly powered off. and it's system independed, is acting the same with linux and windows), sometimes works ok
- when ac is connected beep sounds like is cutted, sounds different.
Downgrade to previous IME fix some of this issues (bios screen not freeze, beep always when go into sleep mode) but most of them not, rarely I guess they still appear. I did downgrade using UPD files given by lenovo so now my configuration looks like that, I think that no all numbers are downgraded, especialy UNS, LMS and MEI. So I guess my downgrade wasn't fully succesful right?
Code: Select all
Intel(R) MEInfo Version: 220.127.116.116 Copyright(C) 2005 - 2011, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel(R) Manageability and Security Application code versions: BIOS Version: 8DET76WW (1.46 ) MEBx Version: 18.104.22.168 Gbe Version: 1.3 VendorID: 8086 PCH Version: 4 FW Version: 22.214.171.1246 UNS Version: 126.96.36.1993 LMS Version: 188.8.131.523 MEI Driver Version: 184.108.40.2068 Wireless Hardware Version: 1.1.225 Wireless Driver Version: 220.127.116.11 FW Capabilities: 234249317 Intel(R) Active Management Technology - PRESENT/ENABLED Intel(R) Anti-Theft Technology - PRESENT/ENABLED Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service - PRESENT/ENABLED Protect Audio Video Path - PRESENT/ENABLED Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED Intel(R) AMT State: Enabled CPU Upgrade State: Upgrade Capable Cryptography Support: Enabled Last ME reset reason: Power up Local FWUpdate: Enabled BIOS and GbE Config Lock: Enabled Host Read Access to ME: Disabled Host Write Access to ME: Disabled ... BIOS boot State: Post Boot OEM Id: ********-****-0000-0000-000000000000 Link Status: Link down .... IPv6 Enablement: Disabled Wireless IPv6 Enablement: Disabled Privacy Level: Default Configuration state: Not started Provisioning Mode: PKI Capability Licensing Service: Enabled Capability Licensing Service Status: Permit info not available OEM Tag: 0x00000000
I think that's very similar issue describing some more:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comme ... rom_sleep/
Anyone have actual bios and IME firmware and everything works ok? How?
What is nature of that problem, is it connected to bios patches to isolate core and user level due the "Spectre" risk?
Is it possible to fix all the issues with me_cleaner?
Now what can I do to just make my laptop work as before?