A couple of months ago I upgraded the E430 to Windows 10 Pro. I now run version 21H1. As far as I can tell, everything works just fine.
But yesterday I tried to access my internet wirelessly. The controls on Wireless Radio appear to function, but it does not appear that they do anything, because nothing changes. Windows 10 has a Airplane Mode control which when turned off allows wireless communication. But setting that did not help.
I went to the Lenovo site and tried to find perhaps an upgrade for Wireless Radio that would work in Windows 10, but I could not find anything.
So I have two questions:
1. is there an upgrade for Wireless Radio (or a substitute) that will allow me to use wireless on my Windows 10 E430 ?
2. I also have a Thinkpad T14 which came with Windows 10 Pro installed. When it is connected to the Lenovo website, Lenovo will read the serial number, etc. from my T14 and update all requisite drivers to the latest version. I tried that with my E430, but the Lenovo site would not connect to my E430. Is there a way to get it to connect? And if so, will the Lenovo site correctly note that I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1and update accordingly, or will it assume that I still have Windows 7 Pro?
Thanks for any help.
- Junior Member
- Posts: 261
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:18 am
- Location: New Hampshire, USA
I went into BIOS and discovered that the wireless radios were powered OFF. Changed the setting to ON and all of a sudden everything worked fine. Hope this helps.
Current stable: 770Z, 600X, T23, R40, R52, T43p, X41, R60, T60, T61, X61, X61T, X201T, T420; T400 (2768-EK9); W510 (4391-CTO), X220T (4296-2W5), T440 (20B6-00AUS), plus an Intellistation M 6219.
New Project: Making X220 work with WWAN.
My post was not very clear. The wireless radio is supposed to work as you noted. One must turn it on or off to switch between a wired ethernet network and wireless. That is what I always did until I upgraded to Win 10. Now that feature no longer works. All the images and buttons are there, but pressing them does not change anything. The computer functions perfectly with my wired ethernet network, but it never switches to wireless.
Also, pre Win 10 upgrade, In the lower right corner of my screen there would be a text line saying whether I was connected to my ethernet directly, or wireless. That text line no longer appears.
- Admin Emeritus
- Posts: 22596
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:17 am
- Location: Wexford, Éire
Covid-19: Stay safe, so still Mask it or Casket!
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests