does anybody know a good article on this?
I want to figure out, which way to store data will have the smallest footprint on my akku and i am very unsure. Only interest is energy, speed is not my concern.
* Disks spin down and need low energy then
* SSD's always need some energy to "fresh up"
* Disks have mechanical parts that need lots of energy IF used
Is it possible, that a good actual harddisk in an office usage scenario can have less consumption than an ssd?
Does anyone have a profound article or similar about that examination task?
T420: i5-2520m, 8GB, SSD: 64GB SLC (boot) | 128GB MLC (storage), HD3000, HD (1366x768), 6 Cell, BT, WebCam
X220: i5-2520m, 4GB, SSD: 64GB SLC (boot) | 128GB MLC (storage), HD3000, HD (1366x768), 6 Cell, BT, WebCam, FP
- Posts: 1711
- Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:08 pm
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I currently run an intel 330 series and there is zero seat of the pants difference in battery life over my old WD 640gb.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests