I'd like to change my laptop:
Sony Vaio S13:
- 3rd gen Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2,5 GHz (dual core + hyper threading = 4 execution thread)
- 500 GB hard disk
- Intel HD4000 + nVidia GeForce 640M LE (optimus)
- DVD burder
- 13" anti-glare (matte) display
- 4 GB DDR3 Ram
- Provided with original box, restore dvds and original things
Paid ~900 EUROs in August 2012, STILL UNDER WARRANTY.
And i'm looking for a ThinkPad x220
I've found a person which has:
- 2nd generation Intel core i7 2620M @ 2.7 GHz
- 320 gb hard disk
- intel hd 3000
- 8 gb ram
- no dvd burner
- Warranty expired in Dec 2012
- 6 cell battery
- american/chinese keyboard (thinkpad bought in the u.s, no box or manuals provided, ac adapter only)
Now: I proposed for and exchange and he agreed.
But tonight he called me and made this counter-proposal: my laptop + 150€ + one of the thinkpad 4gb ram sticks.
Now I'm in doubt: I'd like to get a thinkpad for GNU/Linux compatibility, but is that thinkpad worth so much??
Plus, in case: is there anyone, in Europe, wanting to exchange an x220 (at least core i5) for that sony vaio?
That's it: [img=http://s24.postimg.org/5zlooqlz9/20130303_000908.jpg]
The i7 is what added up to the bill - costly option. But that was the only way to get USB 3.0 on board.
Let's say your computer is now worth 700€ (and that may be optimistic), that plus the supplementary money and the ram would amount to, say, 860€. Considering his X200 was probably more expensive when he bought it (when? ask him that) and that it has also lost value... well, that's a relatively fair deal I guess.
But I'm sure there are plenty of X200 on auction sites though, you should probably have a look and compare the offers. Maybe you'll be better off selling your current laptop to fund a used one found on one of thse sites.
T60 2007-FSG (stolen)
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests