- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2167
- Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am
- Location: N. Bellmore, ny
Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.
1. Upgrade to its maximum potential (balanced with heat if you want too)
2. Be careful handling the machine (T4x except for T43 are prone to GPU soldering problems, while T43/p are prone to Southbridge problems)
3. Get a new battery pack if you want and CMOS battery may need to be replaced.
4. As for operating system, T40-T42 works with Windows NT4, 98, 2k, Me, XP, Vista, and 7. T43/p works with Windows NT4 SP6a, 2k, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (including the latest creators update)
5. Depending on individual standards, you may like to settle down in any of those OS. For me, Windows 7 works fine with T4x and Windows 10 works fine with T43 as long as you have close to max specs.
6. I use Radeon 9000's driver for Radeon 7500 (and Radeon 7000 from my A30p) in Windows 7
Good luck restoring the machine!
T23 PIII 1.13ghz 1gb W7
2xT43 14.1" 2.26 SXGA+ 2gb 1*fp W10
T530i 15.6" i7 16gb fp W10
A30p PIII 1.2 1gb W7 (IDTech)
T43p 2.26 2gb fp W10
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests