ie: Your AC Adapter cannot charge your laptop when powered on.
1. Sounds like perhaps your AC Adapter is close to failing?
(ie: Can only supply enough juice to top up your battery only when your laptop is "off".)
2. Presume you are still using Windows 7 for your X240 ?
3. Take out your external battery, and re-insert it back into your laptop securely.
(Obviously shutdown your computer properly beforehand).
4. If you are using Lenovo Power Manager for your X240, perhaps try this:
a) Switch to [Advanced] mode in Power Manager (There is a button on the top-right corner).
b) Click [Battery_Tab]>>[Battery_Maintenance]
c) Click the option for "Always fully charge (Start at 96%; Stop at 100%)"
5. ***If all above is done, and your observed battery charging (bad) behavior is still there,
then may I suggest that I suspect your AC Adapter may be the problem, and not your battery.
6. ******===> Anyone can give input on this matter?
Current Thinkpads: X1C4 | X1C3 | X250 | X230 | T410
Retired Thinkpads: T42 | 560 (circa 1996)
~~IBM Thinkpad era computer bag !
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests