Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

How many people on this forum own a Galaxy S9/S9+?

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
pianowizard
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: How many people on this forum own a Galaxy S9/S9+?

#31 Post by pianowizard » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:57 am

kfzhu1229 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:42 pm
I am gonna stick with Samsung.
Before getting the Google Pixel I had been sticking with Samsung as well, mainly because I like its user interface. I bought the Google Pixel a month ago as I found a very good deal on eBay, and really like two things about it:

1) I have T-Mobile (GSM), AT&T (GSM) and Sprint (CDMA) SIM cards, and it supports them all.

2) All smartphones from the Google Pixel series are guaranteed to receive Android updates for 3 full years, which is why even though this 1st gen Pixel originally shipped with Android 7 when it came out in Oct 2016, it still got the Android 10 update released in Sep 2019. You won't get three generations of Android updates from Samsung.

Going forward, I highly recommend you to consider the Google Pixel series. I know I will.
HP Pavilion x2 12-b096ms (12.0" 1920x1280, Core M3-6Y30, 3.14lb); Microsoft Surface 3 (10.8" 1920x1280, Atom x7-Z8700, 2.00lb)
Dell OptiPlex 5040 SFF (Core i5-6600)
Acer ET322QK, T272HUL; Bolva 40BL00H7; Crossover 404K; Monoprice 10734; QNIX QHD2410R; Seiki Pro SM40UNP

kfzhu1229
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: How many people on this forum own a Galaxy S9/S9+?

#32 Post by kfzhu1229 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:09 pm

pianowizard wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:57 am
kfzhu1229 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:42 pm
I am gonna stick with Samsung.
Before getting the Google Pixel I had been sticking with Samsung as well, mainly because I like its user interface. I bought the Google Pixel a month ago as I found a very good deal on eBay, and really like two things about it:

1) I have T-Mobile (GSM), AT&T (GSM) and Sprint (CDMA) SIM cards, and it supports them all.

2) All smartphones from the Google Pixel series are guaranteed to receive Android updates for 3 full years, which is why even though this 1st gen Pixel originally shipped with Android 7 when it came out in Oct 2016, it still got the Android 10 update released in Sep 2019. You won't get three generations of Android updates from Samsung.

Going forward, I highly recommend you to consider the Google Pixel series. I know I will.
Well if I were to priortise software updates, I would've gone for OnePlus instead (OnePlus 3T has a 3rd year software update as well, and putting custom ROM's on them are easy enough even if you want more)
Also, it is a known fact for Galaxy flagship devices that even if you get software updates, US versions get them LAST. Moreover, majority of the US variants of Galaxy flagship devices have a locked bootloader, more bloatware, and have inferior battery life compared to the Exynos counterparts (except for the S10). One of the reasons why I bought my S9+ from the UK.
I am not liking what Samsung did for the Galaxy Note 10 series, and if they don't impress me in 2 years or so, I might get a OnePlus or Huawei instead.
I won't be considering pixel phones because any of them other than the OG Pixel and Pixel 3a suffer from crap battery life, steep price tag, and inferior structual integrity for the price you are paying for compared to something like the OnePlus or Huawei counterparts. Personally I don't care about how good a camera is, as when I bought the S9+ the only thing that I really benefited from that camera are the telephoto camera and the dual aperature that F1.5 can capture stuff in the night while F2.4 won't give me nightmares with narrow focus range when capturing text
Also, as a secondary phone to use when I am abroad, I hunt down a local deal of a very good condition Galaxy S7 for just C$150. It has excellent battery life (due to the much smaller display and much less power hungry Exynos), supports OneUI via xda-developers and Samsung-y features like sdcard slot, quick QI charging and headphone jack (one of the reasons why I disliked the Note 10 series).
Flexview UXGA:
A30p PIII 1.2 1gb W7 (IDTech)
T43p 2.26 2gb fp W10