Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Need FRU BOM for a T470s with WQHD multi-touch 300 nits display (so I know which LCD upgrade parts to order)

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
MountainX

Need FRU BOM for a T470s with WQHD multi-touch 300 nits display (so I know which LCD upgrade parts to order)

#1 Post by MountainX » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:34 pm

I have a T470s with FHD multi-touch 250 nits display. I want to upgrade to a brighter display (either FHD or WQHD). I have not found a brighter FHD display (which would be my first choice). Therefore, I am looking at upgrading to Lenovo FRU 01HW908. However, I also need to know which LCD cable to use with that (and whether the covers are different), hence my request for the serial-number-specific bill of materials (BOM) from someone who has this machine (or who knows how to get a specific BOM).

The generic FRU BOM for the T470s lists too many different LCD cable options and it doesn't name them very well. I cannot figure out which one would go with display panel FRU 01HW908.

I am also open to any suggestions for a brighter FHD touch panel. If I wanted to go with a non-touch panel, I know someone here has already been kind enough to provide the necessary parts numbers:

AUO mfg# B140QAN01.5 non-touch 2560×1440, 300 nits (plus 00UR903 cable) - known to work from viewtopic.php?t=123783