Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS Yoga 920 $750---SOLD

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
HGPC

FS Yoga 920 $750---SOLD

#1 Post by HGPC » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm

FS: Lenovo Yoga 920 - 13.9" 4K UHD Touch - 8Gen i7-8550U - 16GB Ram - 512GB SSD - Platinum color

Still under factory warranty for 100+ days

Only issue with this unit is one small ding on the top and 2 small dings on the bottom. Other than that, it is in excellent condition. Super fast and battery last a good while.

*Stylus pen not included*

Cost $1500 new, asking $750 free shipping to the US. Buyer pays paypal fees if he/she chooses that payment option.

$750
Last edited by HGPC on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HGPC

Re: FS Yoga 920 $750

#2 Post by HGPC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:36 pm

This unit is no longer for sale, mods please withdraw at your convenience.

I noticed that the sound was only working with headphones and had to send it in for service, luckily it was still under warranty. Turns out to be a motherboard issue and Lenovo didn't have the part in stock, could take about a month to receive the part. After much discussion with my Lenovo case manager, we agreed to replace the unit with a new one. Problem with that is Lenovo didn't have another Yoga 920 in stock with similar specs as my machine and they no longer offer 920's with the 4K display. After more discussion, I was offered either a refund or a similar spec unit. No longer able to locate my original sales receipt, I opted for a different unit. I found a Lenovo Yoga 730 with 16GB and a 1TB SSD but no 4K display and decided to accept this unit.

Long story short, I will be receiving a brand spanking new 730 as replacement for my 920, do you guys think I made a wise choice?

Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: FS Yoga 920 $750

#3 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Edit the title to say SOLD and lock the topic.
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.