Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

T60/T61 series specific matters only
Post Reply
Message
Author
storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#1 Post by storm-chaser » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Gauging interest in an AIDA64 competition for the T61p specifically... however, any laptops of this vintage will be able to participate

Rules of Engagement:
-Activated version preferred, however demo version will work as well (but please try to use the full version if possible)
-The ONLY benchmark we will be scoring here is the AIDA64 Cache and Memory Benchmark
-Leaderboard will include champions in READ, WRITE and LATENCY divisions
-Please include a snip of your result and post it here (that's it, just one screenshot is all that's required)
-We will also include awards for those with the highest overclock percentage for both CPU and FSB (as revealed by AIDA64)
-We will also have a combativity award and a combination champion for a member who does exceedingly well in all three categories
-Leaderboards will be updated on a near daily basis (will try my best to update daily)
-Competition will run until the end of the month (deadline = November 30th, 2018 11:59pm)
-Please include a brief summary of your system, if you wish.
-Multiple admissions and hardware changes are allowed, no OS requirement

If we get enough interest I will start a leaderboard going and it will be posted here in the first reply. Lets do this!

MEMORY BANDWIDTH CLASSIFICATION
1) Zach123 11773 MB/s
2) Storm-Chaser 9046 MB/s
3) Storm-Chaser 5057 MB/s
4) Screamer 4184 MB/s


MEMORY LATENCY CLASSIFICATION
1) Zach123 72.3 ns
2) Storm-Chaser 86.7 ns
3) Storm-Chaser 91.3 ns
4) Screamer 116.4 ns


Combination Classification:
Zach123

Red Lantern Award (Last place):
Screamer

King Troll:
Thinkpad4by3
Last edited by storm-chaser on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition

#2 Post by storm-chaser » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Ill start it off with a submission from my Lenovo T61p overclocked 28% to 3.6Ghz:
https://image.ibb.co/grfEXf/Capturet61p.png

[Moderator Edit: Embedded picture replaced by link. Please keep embedded image files smaller than 50KB and dimensions 600x800 or smaller - even with a PICS warning in the thread title.]
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

Screamer
Sophomore Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:15 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#3 Post by Screamer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Is my machine not too out of place to participate in this competition? It is a heavy desklap with a bad graphics chip, and is running Windows 2000 Datacenter Server with Service Pack 4.

The processor is a Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 'C' clocked at 3400MHz, with 2 sticks of DDR1-333 PC1-2700 CL2.5-3-3-7 in dual-channel, clocked at 160MHz. Here is a screenshot of it, stock and not overclocked. Additionally, here is an overclocked screenshot of it at 3500MHz. I doubt the Northwood will be able to hit 3600MHz easily, at least without good cooling.

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#4 Post by storm-chaser » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Screamer wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:51 pm
Is my machine not too out of place to participate in this competition? It is a heavy desklap with a bad graphics chip, and is running Windows 2000 Datacenter Server with Service Pack 4.

The processor is a Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 'C' clocked at 3400MHz, with 2 sticks of DDR1-333 PC1-2700 CL2.5-3-3-7 in dual-channel, clocked at 160MHz. Here is a screenshot of it, stock and not overclocked. Additionally, here is an overclocked screenshot of it at 3500MHz. I doubt the Northwood will be able to hit 3600MHz easily, at least without good cooling.
Totally welcome to participate. Originally, I wanted this to be exclusive to T61p but I doubt we would get much in the way of participants, so your welcome to use that old machine!
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

CrazyTPFan
Sophomore Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Location: Winthrop, Massachusetts

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#5 Post by CrazyTPFan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:54 pm

If you would like me to participate also, I would like to join in with my Dell Studio 1557 with a i7-720QM. I would use my ThinkPad R400 but, I don't have a X9100 in it right now.
ThinkPad R400 (Daily)/C2D T9550/2GB/4500MHD/256GB SSD

Collection: R61i, T60p, TR452, R31

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#6 Post by storm-chaser » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Zach123 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:54 pm
If you would like me to participate also, I would like to join in with my Dell Studio 1557 with a i7-720QM. I would use my ThinkPad R400 but, I don't have a X9100 in it right now.
Bring it on my friend, happy to have you submit a score!
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder
Posts: 1923
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am
Location: N. Bellmore, ny

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#7 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Hey storm chaser I would submit one but my computer won't run AIDA64 correctly.

Keeps telling me I need a better CPU, more RAM, a better graphics card, and a bigger hard disk.

But I ran it on my IBM PC 5150...what's going on :?
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#8 Post by storm-chaser » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Thinkpad4by3 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pm
Hey storm chaser I would submit one but my computer won't run AIDA64 correctly.

Keeps telling me I need a better CPU, more RAM, a better graphics card, and a bigger hard disk.

But I ran it on my IBM PC 5150...what's going on :?
You need to disable user account control... I think that's got to be your problem :mrgreen:
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

CrazyTPFan
Sophomore Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Location: Winthrop, Massachusetts

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#9 Post by CrazyTPFan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Here's my Dell Studio 1557's benchmark. It has a 74% CPU overclock. I used the trial version of AIDA64 (hope it doesn't cost me a victory).

Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/Kj7tFJC
ThinkPad R400 (Daily)/C2D T9550/2GB/4500MHD/256GB SSD

Collection: R61i, T60p, TR452, R31

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder
Posts: 1923
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am
Location: N. Bellmore, ny

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#10 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:04 pm

storm-chaser wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:09 pm
Thinkpad4by3 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pm
Hey storm chaser I would submit one but my computer won't run AIDA64 correctly.

Keeps telling me I need a better CPU, more RAM, a better graphics card, and a bigger hard disk.

But I ran it on my IBM PC 5150...what's going on :?
You need to disable user account control... I think that's got to be your problem :mrgreen:
I did that and it still isn't working. Maybe Telemetry in DOS 3.3 is taking up too many resources? It just takes so long to upload my program history with a 1200 baud modem.
:lol:
EDIT: You have to run it in compatibility mode to get it to work. Fired up no problem, though a few of the tests had a little issue.
Image
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#11 Post by storm-chaser » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:11 pm

:ROFL:

You are definitely getting a win in my book, my friend... what a classic! We will get you added to the leaderboard shortly.

EDIT: If you wish, go sign up on the techpowerup.com forum and submit that result (we have a concurrent benchmark running over there). That's definitely going to win you the red lantern prize (in addition to your obvious win here)! That is quite a gem of a machine you've got there!
Last edited by storm-chaser on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

CrazyTPFan
Sophomore Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Location: Winthrop, Massachusetts

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#12 Post by CrazyTPFan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:20 pm

storm-chaser wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:11 pm
:ROFL:

You are definitely getting a win in my book, my friend... what a classic! We will get you added to the leaderboard shortly.
Am I going to be added to the leaderboard?
ThinkPad R400 (Daily)/C2D T9550/2GB/4500MHD/256GB SSD

Collection: R61i, T60p, TR452, R31

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#13 Post by storm-chaser » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Zach123 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:20 pm
storm-chaser wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:11 pm
:ROFL:

You are definitely getting a win in my book, my friend... what a classic! We will get you added to the leaderboard shortly.
Am I going to be added to the leaderboard?
Sorry I missed that, but we now have the leaderboard updated with your submission! Thanks again!
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

CrazyTPFan
Sophomore Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Location: Winthrop, Massachusetts

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#14 Post by CrazyTPFan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:33 pm

storm-chaser wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 pm
Zach123 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:20 pm


Am I going to be added to the leaderboard?
Sorry I missed that, but we now have the leaderboard updated with your submission! Thanks again!
Thank you for adding me to the leaderboard!
ThinkPad R400 (Daily)/C2D T9550/2GB/4500MHD/256GB SSD

Collection: R61i, T60p, TR452, R31

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder
Posts: 1923
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am
Location: N. Bellmore, ny

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#15 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 pm

storm-chaser wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:11 pm
:ROFL:

You are definitely getting a win in my book, my friend... what a classic! We will get you added to the leaderboard shortly.

EDIT: If you wish, go sign up on the techpowerup.com forum and submit that result (we have a concurrent benchmark running over there). That's definitely going to win you the red lantern prize (in addition to your obvious win here)! That is quite a gem of a machine you've got there!
Lol, thats a photoshopped image, and its not my machine.

This one IS my machine :mrgreen:

Image
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#16 Post by storm-chaser » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:43 pm

Thinkpad4by3 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 pm
storm-chaser wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:11 pm
:ROFL:

You are definitely getting a win in my book, my friend... what a classic! We will get you added to the leaderboard shortly.

EDIT: If you wish, go sign up on the techpowerup.com forum and submit that result (we have a concurrent benchmark running over there). That's definitely going to win you the red lantern prize (in addition to your obvious win here)! That is quite a gem of a machine you've got there!
Lol, thats a photoshopped image, and its not my machine.

This one IS my machine :mrgreen:

Image
If you done playing games now, post up your own score! I think that's why we started this thread :mrgreen:
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#17 Post by storm-chaser » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Toshiba Satellite A505D - stock setting

https://image.ibb.co/fV2Yxq/Capturem620.png

[Moderator Edit: Embedded picture replaced by link. Please keep embedded image files smaller than 50KB and dimensions 600x800 or smaller - even with a PICS warning in the thread title.]
Last edited by pkiff on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded pic 120KB
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#18 Post by storm-chaser » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:18 pm

And with that we will close out the competition.

Just not the same if we can't post even a small PNG file showing the AIDA64 results. Makes scoring the results laborious as well.

Kinda sucks but we have to respect the site rules (great forum, btw)... thanks to all that participated and for thinkpad4by3 for livening things up a bit!

P.s. we have the same benchmark running concurrently with this over at the techpowerup forums. If you wish you can add a submission there...

The tech powerup forums are picture friendly and don't have any of the severe image restrictions...

thanks again,

S-C
Last edited by storm-chaser on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

CrazyTPFan
Sophomore Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Location: Winthrop, Massachusetts

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#19 Post by CrazyTPFan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:58 pm

storm-chaser wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:18 pm
And with that we will close out the competition.

Just not the same if we can't post even a small PNG file showing the AIDA64 results. Makes scoring the results laborious as well.

Kinda sucks but we have to respect the site rules (great forum, btw)... thanks to all that participated and for thinkpad4by3 for livening things up a bit!

P.s. we have the same benchmark running concurrently with this over at the techpowerup forums. If you wish you can add a submission there...

thanks again,

S-C
Can you provide a link to the TechPowerUp thread that you have running. I would like to go compete over there as well.
ThinkPad R400 (Daily)/C2D T9550/2GB/4500MHD/256GB SSD

Collection: R61i, T60p, TR452, R31

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#20 Post by storm-chaser » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Zach123 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:58 pm
storm-chaser wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:18 pm
And with that we will close out the competition.

Just not the same if we can't post even a small PNG file showing the AIDA64 results. Makes scoring the results laborious as well.

Kinda sucks but we have to respect the site rules (great forum, btw)... thanks to all that participated and for thinkpad4by3 for livening things up a bit!

P.s. we have the same benchmark running concurrently with this over at the techpowerup forums. If you wish you can add a submission there...

thanks again,

S-C
Can you provide a link to the TechPowerUp thread that you have running. I would like to go compete over there as well.
Specific link to benchmark is here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/thre ... on.249217/

Link to the techpowerup forum for general access is here (go to the Overclocking and Cooling section):

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/

We value your submission, thanks again!
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

storm-chaser
Sophomore Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Schenectady, NY

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#21 Post by storm-chaser » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Thinkpad4by3

I "borrowed" your image and played the same trick on my friends over at the techpowerup forums, hope you don't mind since it was photoshopped anyway!


:mrgreen:
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
AMD Phenom II 960T @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD
Lenovo T61p 15.4" - Core 2 extreme X9000 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D - 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder
Posts: 1923
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am
Location: N. Bellmore, ny

Re: Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Benchmark Competition [*PICS!*]

#22 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 pm

storm-chaser wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:19 pm
Thinkpad4by3

I "borrowed" your image and played the same trick on my friends over at the techpowerup forums, hope you don't mind since it was photoshopped anyway!


:mrgreen:
Share the fun...I don't mind. :mrgreen:
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “ThinkPad T6x Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests