Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

60 pin IDE cable for Dock II (3546)?

Older ThinkPads.. from the 600, the 7xx, the iSeries, 300, 500, the Transnote and, of course, the 701
tdot

60 pin IDE cable for Dock II (3546)?

#1 Post by tdot » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Does anyone know anything about the 60 pin IDE cable that was used on the Dock II (3546)?

I ended up buying a "ThinkPad IDE Adaption Kit For Dock I and Dock II", as I assumed that was required to convert the 60 pin connector to a standard IDE connector, but this also has a 60 pin connector on both sides of it. According to the manual, this is only actually required for the 760E/760ED/760EL/760ELD.

I've searched Google/eBay all I can for both the listed part numbers for the cable as well as for a '60 pin IDE cable' and have found absolutely nothing. Does anyone have any idea about what these were/how to get one/if I can build one if I had the pinouts?

For reference, two pictures:

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: 60 pin IDE cable for Dock II (3546)?

#2 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Looks like some basic pin headers and glue logic...wouldn't surprise me if someone could run that design up for you in probably 30 minutes.
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.