Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Yoga 11e problems

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
scottpvaughn

Yoga 11e problems

#1 Post by scottpvaughn » Sat May 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Recently purchased a 'Lightly Used' Thinkpad Yoga 11e that did not come with the stylus, along with some other issues I am having. :( As this is my first new laptop in YEARS and my first ever 'TABLET' I have some questions and concerns. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-The stylus I bought works but I do not seem to be getting any pressure sensitivity (tried in Sketchbook and Adobe Photoshop 7 (coz its what I have)). Do I need to buy a specific stylus?? (I've tried BAMBOO Alpha and EverTouch Capacative Stylus, both with mesh tips)
-If I need a specific stylus, which, and where can I get it for less than the price of my soul?
-How long should a full battery charge last? Even after I (presumably) fully shut-down the laptop the battery loses juice, depleting completely within a week or 2 (by my estimates).
-Can a replacement battery be bought?
-I was also hoping to use the VIRTUAL TABLET app on this (in conjunction with the Virtual Tablet Server installed on my Windows PC). If anyone has had any experience (or success) with something like this, please let me know.

Thanks, be kind (and concise) with the newbie, please, and I look forward to your responses.
-Scott 'Doc' Vaughn
"Frustrated artist"
-Scott 'Doc' Vaughn
vaughn-media.com

scottpvaughn

Re: Yoga 11e problems

#2 Post by scottpvaughn » Mon May 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Anybody got ideas for any of my questions..? I'd really like to find out whether or not I bought a lemon...
-Scott 'Doc' Vaughn
vaughn-media.com

Screamer

#3 Post by Screamer » Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 am

scottpvaughn wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:50 pm
The stylus I bought works but I do not seem to be getting any pressure sensitivity (tried in Sketchbook and Adobe Photoshop 7 (coz its what I have)). Do I need to buy a specific stylus?? (I've tried BAMBOO Alpha and EverTouch Capacative Stylus, both with mesh tips)
Possibly, but I would first suggest downloading Wacom's Feel driver to check if the pressure sensitivity actually works with your 3rd-party styluses. If it does not work, you might need to purchase Lenovo's Pen Pro.
scottpvaughn wrote:
If I need a specific stylus, which, and where can I get it for less than the price of my soul?
The Pen Pro (4X80R38451) as I had linked above, should work just fine. I do not know if the other Pen Pro (4X80H34887) works with your Yoga 11e, though.
scottpvaughn wrote:
How long should a full battery charge last? Even after I (presumably) fully shut-down the laptop the battery loses juice, depleting completely within a week or 2 (by my estimates).
Likely a month or so, but that varies by model. My old R32 used to be barely capable of holding a full charge for 4 days straight... when it was completely powered off. On the other hand, my old R40 could last about one month and a week while being completely powered off on a full charge.

It might be the BIOS' issue though, so I would suggest you to update your Yoga 11e's BIOS to the latest release, if possible.
scottpvaughn wrote:
Can a replacement battery be bought?
Yes, but finding genuine battery packs may be a problem.

If Lenovo is still selling genuine battery packs that are compatible with your Yoga 11e, you should be able to find it on their website. On my end, it does not seem so.

scottpvaughn

#4 Post by scottpvaughn » Wed May 15, 2019 12:04 am

SUPER helpful... I will try some of those options. THANK YOU
-Scott 'Doc' Vaughn
vaughn-media.com