Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

770X recovery discs

Older ThinkPads.. from the 600, the 7xx, the iSeries, 300, 500, the Transnote and, of course, the 701
rheacox

770X recovery discs

#1 Post by rheacox » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:25 am

I've recently been trying to restore my 770X to factory specs using the discs listed in the recovery set repository. Unfortunately the 770x set is in German and the 770z set refuses to work. This is the second 770z set I've tried and neither work, not sure whats going on there as the X and Z are nearly identical machines. Would be great if someone with a 770z could try it out and post the results, I have to imagine it's a problem with the image.

Anyway, I also tried the 770ED discs listed and they work well but of course since there was a bit of difference between the ED and X no drivers come preloaded, and this is Windows 95 not 98.

Ideally, if someone has the Win 98 recovery CD for the 770x (in English), please let me know. Also, if someone has a theory as to why the 770z CD will not work I'm all ears. I will try to use it in combination with a boot floppy but I don't have high hopes.
IBM 380Z, 770X w/Selectadock III, X31, A31
Lenovo T61p, X61s, X270