I've got a T420s for years. It's my main PC. I've upgraded it many times (1080p, SSD, 16GB..) and https://one2step.net I'm currently using it for working at home. I'm using the minidock a lot. I dock/undock twice a day and perhaps that's the cause of my problem I've got now. BTW: I already ruled out: broken cmos-battery, broken powerswitch (swapped keyboard already), broken battery. They all work fine. And I already tried all combinations of powering on/off with/without battery/power cord, docked/undocked.. These are the symptoms: - I can't switch off my laptop with the power button. Even when I keep pressing it half minute.
- When I send an ACPI poweroff in software it shutdows down like it should, the power button led switches off and immediately after that it switches on again.
- I have to remove the powercord and the battery to switch it off.
- When I insert the battery again it does not switch on automatically; I can start it with the power button.
As said, it all started after a couple of days working with the Mini dock. I'm afraid I shortcutted something in the connector at the bottom of my laptop. I tried to clean it with compressed air.
Any ideas? Can I disconnect the dock connector somehow? I can live without a docking station. But I get tired of removing the batterypack in order to shutdown my laptop and I can't live without a thinkpad
lenovos T520 i7 2720qm 8GB FHD, T420s i5 3320m 8GB QHD, T430 i5 3320m 8GB FHD, T430 i5 3320m 8GB FHD w/ Optimus, S1 Yoga i7 4600u 8GB FHD
IBM X601 Tablet L7500 8GB SXGA+
Enable 2 finger scroll on old Synaptics touchpads.
- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Backup: X601 Core 2 Duo T8100
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
On loan: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests