I'm trying to use both a T60 and T61p with a 2503 Advanced Dock and a PCIe GPU. T61p has Middleton BIOS, T60 has Stock BIOS. Here's what I've done so far:
1. PCIe Empty, Boot While Docked - Works
2. PCIe Empty, Boot while Undocked, then dock - Works
3. GPU in PCIe slot, Boot While Docked - 1 long beep, 2 short beeps, then no post. Or sometimes, just no post.
4. GPU in PCIe slot, Boot While Docked, Less than 2 GB of RAM - 1 long beep, 2 short beeps, then no post. Or sometimes, just no post.
5. GPU in PCIe slot, Boot while Undocked, then dock - Works as far as the system booting, but Code 43 on the Dock GPU
6. Capture card in PCIe slot, Boot while Docked - Works
7. Capture card in PCIe slot, Boot while Undocked, then dock - Works
GPUs tried: Nvidia 7300 LE, 8400 GS, 9300 GS, AMD HD 5450
I've tried setting the BIOS to prefer the PCIe GPU, as well as the internal one. I've also changed the post screen to the Thinkpad LCD, Analog, and Digital, none of which helped.
I've lowered the RAM of both systems to below 2GB to see if that helped, which it didn't.
I have a PCIe capture card which works just fine in the slot, and allows the systems to both boot from the dock.
Does anyone have experience with a setup like this, who can help me get the system working? I really wanted to use my Advanced Dock for a video, and this is preventing me from moving forward.
- Junior Member
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 pm
- Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
W520 (C2Q i7-2720QM, 8GB, 60GB SSD)
X61 (C2D T7500, 3GB, 250GB SSD, BCM70015)
X61s (2GB, 120GB SSD)
T43p (P M 760, 2GB, IBM Port Replicator II, 128GB SSD)
G41 (P4 3.46GHz, 2GB, 128GB SSD)
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests