My old FireGL5250 15.4'' T60 motherboard refused to boot with a WiFi card scavenged from some later Lenovo laptop (whitelist lock). I have searched Internet resources for a whitelist-free BIOS upgrade for my motherboard. I found only windows flash version ( https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thread ... ost-814979 ) , direct link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/s0vw0m
Since I prefer flashing via CD, I have created a bootable ISO myself, adapting a similar ISO for 4:3 T60 (replaced ROM file, updated script and description inside the ISO image). Should anybody ever need it, here it is (bootable ISO for T60 15.4'' containing BIOS with Slic 2.1 & no whitelist): https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg9jw7l9j1s1b ... t.iso?dl=1
The above BIOS is working fine, I have just flashed my motherboard using the above linked ISO, the whitelist was actually removed, I could boot with the WiFi card I could not boot with before. No free HDD to test Slic 2.1, I will report later on if it works for me.
1. before flashing please make sure you've upgraded your BIOS to original Lenovo Bios: 7iuj17us / 7iuj17uc (1.19) 7IET38WW, BIOS Link :
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc ... j17us.exe (Windows, appendix: us)
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc ... j17uc.iso (bootable CD, appendix: uc)
2. after flashing you might get a CMOS cheksum CRC error on first boot, just load setup defaults and everything will be fine
3. you can flash without battery, I accidentaly did so ... not that I'd recommend that
4. I take no responsibility for any damage you cause to your machine following my instructions and using my ISO - so please take any necessary precautions before you proceed, including scanning for viruses etc.
5. This BIOS is NOT APPLICABLE to 4:3 T60 models (non-widescreen ones)
High-pitched fan noise [viewtopic.php?f=29&t=86763]?
- Sure the fan [viewtopic.php?f=29&t=74322]?
- Fan lubrication [viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87448],
- Fan replacement/reapplying thermal grease [viewtopic.php?f=29&t=80203].
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests