Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Problem - IBM ThinkPad R32 modified BIOS firmware

R, A, G and Z series specific matters only. NOT for AMD-Ryzen.
Serj82

Problem - IBM ThinkPad R32 modified BIOS firmware

#1 Post by Serj82 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:56 am

Good day to all!
I'm trying to fix the "error 1802" in order for the wi-fi card to work. IBM ThinkPad R32
I just can’t understand what I'm doing wrong ...

I downloaded the modified BIOS from endeer.cz, even wrote to the developer, but he could not help ...

The problem is that the r32bios.iso file, from which I make a boot disk via ImgBurn (and before that I did a boot flash drive through UltraISO, but in this case the download does not happen - see screenshot),

is somehow strange ... Or am I doing something wrong.
The boot disk or flash drive does not work! The system just boots into Windows and that's it!

If open r32bios.iso through WinRAP, then only the 5-bit dummy.exe file is visible there. At the same time, the r32bios.iso image weighs 1.5 MB. At the same time, the hex editor shows that there is clearly something in the image ...

At the same time, another boot disk to solve the "error 1802" problem found on the Internet works! That is, loading from it occurs, but that's all, it does not solve the problem unfortunately.
And for this model of laptop there is only one option - a modified BIOS.

Further, there, on the site endeer.cz, it was possible to download the file $008A000.FL1 - probably this is the BIOS? But how to flash it now, how to make a boot disk?

FryPpy

Re: Problem - IBM ThinkPad R32 modified BIOS firmware

#2 Post by FryPpy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Read PM.