Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X61 Undervolt (Linux)

Linux on ThinkPads
nachetb
Freshman Member

X61 Undervolt (Linux)

#1 Post by nachetb » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Hey guys. So im still working on my x61 and next step I cant seem to figure out is undervolting. Ive succesfully installed middletons bios, so I imagine i dont got the original bios installed. Thing is, this is my first time undervolting and I cant seem to find any help for undervolting in linux (in a gui based way, since im not that savy). Have any of you done such thing in linux or know any guidelines I could follow?

Sweater Fish Deluxe
Freshman Member

Re: X61 Undervolt (Linux)

#2 Post by Sweater Fish Deluxe » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:06 pm

I don't believe there is any GUI undervolting tool in Linux for Core2 processors. You can do it with the phc-intel module together with cpufreq. phc-intel will need to be built from source and configured with bash scripts, though. That's the world of Linux.

nachetb
Freshman Member

Re: X61 Undervolt (Linux)

#3 Post by nachetb » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Sweater Fish Deluxe wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:06 pm
I don't believe there is any GUI undervolting tool in Linux for Core2 processors. You can do it with the phc-intel module together with cpufreq. phc-intel will need to be built from source and configured with bash scripts, though. That's the world of Linux.
Ill investigate in those u mention, got no clue where to start, wish me luck hahah