Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T601 bluetooth light

T60/T61 Series
H-Atkinson

T601 bluetooth light

#1 Post by H-Atkinson » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:09 pm

This is a really specific question, and its not the end of the world if it wont work, but will a wifi+bluetooth combo card in a T601 still activate the bluetooth status light on the T601's LED array, or does that work only with a 14-pin BDC installed? I ask because finding T60 display cables with the 14-pin socket is essentially impossible, and soldering one on didnt work (dont have an iron precise enough to get to it as I need to without melting the cable).

If it cant be done its not the end of the world, its just a convenience thing.
P1 Gen 5
P52
T25 Anniversary

Many more as well!

Peak2Peak

Re: T601 bluetooth light

#2 Post by Peak2Peak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:37 am

I can not remember if the T61 and R61 MB PCIe WLAN slot carries USB connections (I think not?) - The Bluetooth BDC modules on T60/T61/R61 are generally USB connected - hopefully someone will confirm
T60F: (Integrated Intel GPU) - [Another T60 FrankenPad!...Different approach]
R60F: (Integrated Intel GPU) - [ThinkPad R60 15.0" FrankenPad]

H-Atkinson

Re: T601 bluetooth light

#3 Post by H-Atkinson » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:50 pm

The WWAN slot does, and its not that hard to extend the cables to reach it, or reroute them to there. The main issue for me is the light. I would assume that since both the BTs are over a USB lane it would work, but due to the fact that its not the same USB lane, I really dont know. What would be great is if someone running an integrated card could speak on the matter, or I could experiment by grabbing a card and testing on my 14.1" T601, but at the moment Id rather not tear it apart as Im using it as my main PC.

If I get to building the new 15" T601ps I will make a post after testing it.
P1 Gen 5
P52
T25 Anniversary

Many more as well!