Below is the link to the drive for Win7:(You can also find the drive for v5200/x1400/x1300 of Win 7)
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/ ... px?q=V5250
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/ ... px?q=V5200
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/ ... px?q=X1400
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/ ... px?q=X1300
After clicking the "add" button, you need to click the "view basket" button, then you can download the drive to your computer. Please make sure to use IE to browse the above link.
Hope it can do a little help for those who still use the T60p.
- Junior Member
- Posts: 349
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 pm
- Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
W520 (C2Q i7-2720QM, 8GB, 60GB SSD)
X61 (C2D T7500, 3GB, 250GB SSD, BCM70015)
X61s (2GB, 120GB SSD)
T43p (P M 760, 2GB, IBM Port Replicator II, 128GB SSD)
G41 (P4 3.46GHz, 2GB, 128GB SSD)
IBM T601f | UXGA AFFS LED | T9900 | NVS 140m | Samsung 8GB | Micron C400 512GB
Did you load the x86-video-ati driver? That should replace the Gallium LLVM software renderer.Thinkpads4Life wrote:I can testify that this does indeed work. My T60 ran flawlessly with these drivers installed, but now it's converted back into a XP machine because I can't get proper Linux graphics drivers to run without lots of screen tearing and high cpu usage due to the processor "filling in" for the poor GPU performance in the form of software rendering...
Work - Win7/X230T
In past 2 years AMD dropped official driver support for anything older than HD 5000 serie, so one way or another we are condemned to one of two options:Dekks wrote:Did you load the x86-video-ati driver? That should replace the Gallium LLVM software renderer.Thinkpads4Life wrote:I can testify that this does indeed work. My T60 ran flawlessly with these drivers installed, but now it's converted back into a XP machine because I can't get proper Linux graphics drivers to run without lots of screen tearing and high cpu usage due to the processor "filling in" for the poor GPU performance in the form of software rendering...
- use one of opensource drivers in a latest distro;
- use dedicated fglrx drivers in one of the older distros, which basically is a no-go for most of us due to lack of latest software revisions.
- Posts: 1147
- Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:45 pm
- Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio, United States
This is how I do it...Lister wrote:Hello, how do I install the downloaded drivers? Thanks
1) Extract the downloaded .cab file to a new folder. You can extract all the cabinets to one main folder, but be sure each individual .cab goes into its own separate subfolder.
2) Open Device Manager by either opening it via the link in System Properties or by the run command (Windows key + R) shortcut devmgmt.msc
3) Expand the Display Adapters tree and right click your video adapter, then click Update Driver Software...
4) Click Browser My Computer for Driver Software
5) Enter the path of the folder with the extracted .cab files. You may use Browse to point the folder with the contents of the .cab files you extracted.
6) Ensure "Include Subfolders" option is checked.
7) Click Next
If Windows finds a driver with a matching hardware and device ID that is newer than the one currently installed, you should see it go through the process of installing the new driver.
One thing to note is that if you use Windows Update Online via Internet Explorer and do not initially select the express option, you will be able to see any driver updates Microsoft has to offer for your hardware, including these graphics drivers. In addition, if you check for Windows Updates manually from Control Panel and browse the optional updates found, you should find the driver update(s) there as well. This is how I got the most recent, "official" ATi Windows 7 drivers for my T60p (and for that matter, my T42p) in the past. The only problem with getting the most recent drivers this way is that finding a compatible Catalyst Control Center version compatible with that driver is very difficult.
T420 IPS FHD | X220 IPS FHD | T61p·T61·43·42p|X220T·301·41T·24·23·22|G41|A31p·22m|i1200|TransNote
- Junior Member
- Posts: 430
- Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:51 am
- Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
T60P 2007-8JM / T60 1951-A35 / Z60M 2531-E9M / Tablet 1838-23M / Tablet 2 3679-27M
T410 2522-CTO / X301 2776-A17 / X201 3680-FAG / T420 4180-AQ3
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Sweater Fish Deluxe and 53 guests